“Definitely disappointed”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Putrajaya

Stayed 4d3n between 13th and 16th of July, 2011
Overall : never again!

1) At arrival
Arrived at 6:30pm, 13th of July. No porter service at arrival.
All the staffs at reception were taking care of group guest and long term guest only.
No guide to the room. No smile on their face except only one staff.
2) In the room
Bathroom door is broken. "One touch service crew" sent me a maintenance team.
They couldn't fix the door. I couldn't shut the bathroom door for all the days and nights I was staying.
No internet connection via wifi in the room which is totally different from the information on Agoda and booking.com website.
3) House Keeping
Stains all over the carpet under the bed. The condition of cleaning was getting worse day by day.
4) Facilities
The bed and sheets are quite good. Electric pot is very useful. Nothing in mini bar, and needed to order to fill it up. No bathtub in the bathroom.(Asked to change the room at the arrival, but they didn't care.)
5) Transportation
Shuttle bus to the train station is offered. But there's quite long time gap between the shuttle's arrival time at the station and the train's departure time. They should adjust the running time of the shuttle.
6) Location
If you want to hide away from the city and want to enjoy the quiet and green environment only, this is perfect place to relax. But if it's your first visit to KL, and want to take a look around the city, this will be your worst choice.
Difficult, annoying, and quite pricy to go to the city center of KL.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside..I was quite disappointed to hear about the problems associated with your recent stay with us. There is simply no excuse for the failures on our part. It appears, that you did catch us at our worst, and for that I deeply apologize.
Rest assured that I shared your comments with our Department Heads concerned and immediate steps have been taken to ensure no further reoccurrence.
I am sure you recognize that your most recent experience is not typical of our usual high level of service. It is a great disappointment to me whenever we fail, but it is of particular concern to let down a valued guest.
Thank you once again for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests.
I will be more than pleased to welcome you back in our property ; please give us a chance to recover the mistakes of your last stay by contacting me directly in order to arrange it personally.
Very best regards,
Franck Loison

There are newer reviews for Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I was at Pullman Putrajaya for 3 nights, check in on 15/7 and check out yesterday 18/7 and since this is my third visit, felt I should have left s review. Both myself and my spouse had an excellent time. The staff at Pullman Putrajaya made all the difference and were very hospitable. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The location is stunning with beautiful views of the lake. The spa was the best I had ever visited... My spouse would have gone every day we were there if she could have! Overall a truly luxurious and romantic hotel/resort!
All the photos I looked at and reviews I read do not do justice to this beautiful place. I am so glad that I did not choose the ridiculously overrated hotel around Putrajaya that really offers nothing more than cheap tourist routine. Pullman Putrajaya is a beautiful, sophisticated hotel with a feel that is exactly what you would expect from an exotic locale in the middle of nowhere. I had a wonderful romantic dinner with my spouse at the lake restaurant that was almost surreal in its presentation - exactly what you would expect when having a candlelight dinner on the paddock with sea breathing sensual, romantic and ironically errotic!
A couple of people on Trip Advisor have complained about the food at the hotel. However, they either made some radical changes to the menu or the kitchen staff because the food was really very good. We had the breakfast buffet every morning (it features a combination of western and asian food) and then had dinner at the coffeehouse or the lake restaurant and yes, it's pricey, but I found most of the food to be of high quality and very fresh.

We were very impressed with several of the staff members we interacted with while staying at Pullman Putrajaya. All of them were very friendly, outgoing, and eager to answer our questions or provide their own recommendations. We were particularly happy to have met Izzat and Alawi, who are a font of knowledge on all things related to the hotel facilities and Putrajaya. There were a couple of small mistakes -- mainly b/c some services weren't fully coordinated but when we pointed them out, the staff made sure they were corrected immediately and no harm had been done.

I look forward to returning to Pullman Putrajaya in the future and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2011

Thank you for your comments. It is always great to hear from a satisfied customer. We value all feedback and continually strives to have happy customers.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Sleep disturbed on both of 2 nights : noisy birds echoing off the stone walls, then a Chinese person who rang my hotel room at 2.30 in the morning ! Furious.....as already had jet lag.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Reviewed 18 July 2011

The reception staff was very courteous and helpful especially since we reached the hotel earlier than check in time. We were not made to wait, in fact given an upgrade. Very quiet. Nice views of the lake and the restaurant by the lake has a good ambience. Rooms were spacious.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Frank Loison

Reviewed 16 July 2011

Very good property and staff well trained.
Love this place near the lake. Free shuttle to shopping mall and Kuala Lumpur city center.
Got an upgrade on arrival as I booked through pullman website. Nice room with view on the lake.
Breakfast was awesome and barbecue at village on friday night memorable
Will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2011

Frank Loison
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside

Also consider these accommodations in or near Putrajaya
5.7 km away
2.6 km away
Cyberview Resort & Spa
Cyberview Resort & Spa
#1 of 5 in Cyberjaya

Been to Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside? Share your experiences!