US$145
  • Breakfast included
US$195
The Klagan Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$59
Oceania Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)(Great Value!)
US$36
Shangri-La.com
US$49
US$52
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
Hotels.com
1,230 results
All reviewsling lingcommunal fridgejesselton pointtong hingsmall kitchenwalking distancefree wifigaya streetsuria sabah mallno liftbudget hotelsunday marketfirst floorno windowrooms are cleanlocation is greatsignal hill
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Eden 54 and for the price it was great. Comfy beds, hot water, clean and tidy, grocery store nearby, shopping mall around the corner and close to the markets and Waterfront Area. Very quiet inside and helpful, friendly staff. No views, pool, spa, bar or meal service but when all you need is a shower, bed and a place to make some tea, coffee and light meals (in the common area) this place is perfect. Rooms with windows do let in a quite a bit of light (pelmets would fix this) and you do get the street noise (windows must not be double glazed).

Room Tip: If you like to sleep in dark and quiet, sleep in a room with no window. Would happily stay there again.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

It could be the friendly staff who's always ready to attend to your queries, it could be the nice cosy area at the reception area (tv, computer and fridge at the commen area), or the nicely decorated room... I had this warm and cosy feeling during my stay at Eden54.

Glad we chose Eden as our resting place after the exhaustive kk climb.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We stayed at Hotel Eden for 5 nights and couldn't have been happier. The staff were fantastic and it felt like a home away from home. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. It is also in a great location within walking distace of most attractions. We would definately recommend staying and I cannot think of a better hotel experience anywhere.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a window.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Clean rooms, well-designed, good staff, and good location. The rooms aren't huge, but they're well designed, with a useful amount of storage, comfortable beds, and a good shower (once you manage to mind-meld the shower to your will - it can be a little stubborn)

We're travelling back through KK again at the tail-end of our Borneo trip, and we've re-booked the hotel again for then.

Good all around!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HJK81
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I very rarely write hotel reviews, but I felt inclined to make an exception for this little gem.

To begin, the room that I stayed in was immaculate. Comfortable bed, clean, spacious washroom with nice hot showers, and all the other basic necessities that you would expect from a hotel room. Rooms we're quiet for sleeping and very secure. The 24 hr reception was wonderful as well.

The location of the hotel is great, right near Jesselton Point ferry terminal; the quickest way to the various islands and beaches surrounding KK, and only a few minutes away from the weekend market, the bus station and several delicious (and cheap) local restaurants. It is also next door to a very well stocked supermarket where one can get some basic snack foods and cold beer after a long day of exploring KK.

However, what sold me on this Hotel more than anything was the friendliness & helpfulness of the staff, particularly Ling Ling. Everyday, the staff would go out of their way to help me with maps, suggested activities & itineraries, as well as just being super friendly and fun to talk to, especially since I was traveling alone.

These are the kind of staff that will go out of their way to make sure you have a fantastic stay. For example, after leaving hotel Eden 54 and traveling around Borneo for another week, I returned to KK to catch a flight back to mainland Malaysia. My night bus got in at 5am, and my flight was not until later that day. The staff at Eden54 let me leave my backpack in their storage for the day, have a shower, made me tea & coffee while I waited for my flight, and even drove me to the airport, all free of charge.

I have never experienced such great service at a hotel anywhere in the world, and I know that I will be staying at Eden54 every time I come back to Borneo. I urge you to do the same.

- Dev

Room Tip: Cheaper rooms have no window, which I did not have a problem with at all, but make sure to keep that in mind when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo