Hotel Eden54
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Little Gaya Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Wah May Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
Hotel Grandis(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Breakfast included
The Jesselton Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Restaurant
Gaya Centre Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Garden(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Capital(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Tuaran Beach Resort(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Kinabalu Daya Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Breakfast included
1,226 results
All reviewsling lingcommunal fridgejesselton pointtong hingsmall kitchenwalking distancestudio roomgaya streetfree wifisuria sabahno liftbudget hotelsunday marketfirst floorno windowhome away from homelocation is great
Reviewed 22 June 2010

We felt very much at home in this family-owned hotel. The rooms are nice designed, modern western style, very clean and offer a good value for the money. But the best is the team: it is hard to find better hosts than Ling-Ling, Roseanne and Alfred.
My girl-friend got seriously ill in KK and was suspected to have dengue-fever. Without even having asked the owners they brought chicken soup for her, organized a doctor for a second opinion and asked other guests to change their reservation, so we did not have to change rooms. When my girlfriend recovered, they helped us with so much with advice on our next trips – which they kept on doing even when we we already had left the hotel for a week. And when we came back for one night to catch our flight from KK back home, a breakfast with fresh fruits was waiting for us, that they had prepared especially for us. It felt like a little coming-home!
Bottom line: if you want a clean, modern and 1A serviced hotel, the Eden54 is a superb choice! And after a fews days you might even feel a bit like home.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2010

One night stay in June, Compact D room.
Eden54 is a boutique hotel, derived from renovated shoplots and mostly located on the second floor. Location in town is good - a short walk from Gaya street (for the Sabah Sunday market, eateries and shopping) and just a short walk from the new Suria shopping complex, and Wisma Merdeka (more shopping, Coffee Bean, etc). It's also the right side of town for a trip to the islands, via Jesselton Jetty. It's also right next door to the most upmarket supermarket in town, so handy for any little purchases you might fancy. The second floor location with no lifts means a short walk upstairs, though there is provision for help with suitcases and luggage. Once in, there is a communal lounge for reading and relaxing, and access to a shared fridge and general use computer with internet access.
The room was compact - but clean, well equipped, tea/coffee, flat screen TV, all mod cons. Lighting was a bit dim for the bedside readers amongst us. Bathroom was small and basic, but again, spotlessly clean. The room was next to the lounge, and some noise was transmitted through the thin walls.
Upsides: location, price, friendly service.
Downsides: small rooms, thin walls (noise).
Tailor your expectations to the offered prices, and Eden54 does offer a welcome alternative to other existing accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 17 June 2010

last april 2010 I was in Kota Kinabalu and stayed at this marvellous place Hotel Eden54 two times. Of course like all the other lucky travellers, I found Eden54 on tripadvisor ; and usually I am never disappointed when all the reports like here, are almost 100% positive .
I say I was very lucky because this place is so well noted that it can be difficult to find a room ; a last minute cancellation , a present of god, allowed me to stay with these delicious Rosanne and Alfred, the owners and the also very friendly staff.
From the beginning to the end, they helped me so much that I am very grateful. This makes the big difference with an ordinary hotel where you are alone and stay alone .
Another good thing is that it's a very safe place ; even if Malaysia in general and Borneo in particular are relatively safe, it's a good point.
The rooms and the bathrooms are very clean and of good size ; the linen is of very good quality ; there is coffee and tea making facilities in the rooms.
There is no breakfast but in the lounge, there is a small kitchen where you can prepare what you want ; otherwise you can find a supermarket of good quality just 30m from the hotel and even 2 or 3 small shops who are opened early in the morning and sell many things like cakes and so just next to the hotel.
You have got fast speed free internet everywhere in the hotel and I didn't experience any trouble ; even, there is a computer for free in the corridor next to the lobby.
There is a very good restaurant 50 m from the hotel : Restoran Rasa Nyonya. Really a good Chinese cooking (good quality).
5 mn walk from the hotel you will find the pier to the islands and even to Bruneï
The owners will help you prepare your trip to mount Kinabalu with good advice, like a hotel, next to the entrance of this overpriced park, which is a small paradise ; but ask them ; it's a secret !
This hotel Eden54 deserves all the good reports that are written ; if one could find in every town a place like this one, travelling would be easier (and I know what I say as I travel 7 months a year).
Rosanne and Alfred, I send you many kisses from France

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We booked the hotel after we read some good reviews in tripadvisor. As the hotel just recently opened, we were not so sure how it would be. But what a positive surprise! I can just repeat what other travellers have already written: this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in terms of price-value and hospitality.
The only downside was that it is a bit noisy (we had a room facing the main road) and that the rooms are a bit clairaudient. But the staff really made up for it. They helped as with every trip we wanted to do. The owner gave us a lift to the farmacy! This is real customer service. Hotel Eden54 is really the perfect gateway for discovering KK and the area.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anichan555
Reviewed 4 June 2010

i was looking for a small hotel as I m bored staying in big run of the mills establishment and I think I made the right choice. OK the hotel is not perfect, no breakfast, small rooms, no lift etc BUT its clean, its "warm", and Ms Ling Ling is just the perfect hostess. She helped me make onward booking, the car rental and arrange visits to the attractions.

Food wise.. no problem at all, there is a Supermarket next door selling mostly imported Aussie stuff, and a cafe inside. There are other restaurants/cafes down the same road (gaya St) and i feel safe walking up and down even at late night. Best is on Sunday, the Gaya street market is just down the road and you can find all the souvenirs and crafts stuff there. And the Jesselton Jetty is 5 minutes walk from the hotel for the boats to the islands. BTW the WiFi works fine and one can even use the 1 computer next to the front desk for free web browsing

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family