Diverse Borneo - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Do not just consider, just do it

We had a great time! We swam with fishes and a shark! This was one of the best dives we have tried... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2020
SoffenY
Aalborg, Denmark
Best place in town for Open Water Certification

Just completed my PADI cert with Diverse Borneo and I couldn’t recommend this outfitter enough... read more

Reviewed 29 February 2020
juliacA7917DF

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I was referred to Diverse Borneo via the place I stayed at in KK. They were happy to answer my questions (within 24 hours) via email & provide info prior to booking, and were extremely helpful during the booking process and also after when I had questions.
I booked: Guided Snorkelling, Mari Mari Village, Kinabalu National Park & Poring Hot Springs, & the river cruise with fireflies.
Every trip was great fun and very well organised - friendly, informative staff (especially Alban & Mr Joe!), punctual, vehicles clean & well maintained, safe driving. I was extremely nervous about the snorkelling (fear of open water) but after the first snorkel site I felt safe & relaxed with the dive instructor and had a great time (saw a shark!!!). Saw lots of monkeys on the river cruise and the fireflies were just breath-taking & magical. The Mari Mari trip was great fun (although very touristy!) with lots of things to see, try, and great insight into the life of the tribes. Food provided on the trips was extremely good, too, local cuisine & plenty!

I would use DB again, and already plan to learn to scuba dive with them next time I go to KK!

1  Thank Xing M
Reviewed 3 September 2016

I try to fun diving. This is mynfirt diving. So i was nervous. But my instructor choco is the best guide!!she help me everything. Other staff are very kind and funny. I am kingcrab kk

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 2 September 2016

I did my scuba diving lesson with them. The staff they had were very nice and friednly. They always make sure you feel comfortable asking if you don't understand anything. They were able to respond to my many questions and have the right personality and friendliness to them. I had two different instructors and they were amazing. Funny yet professional. The marketing lady, Olive is also very friendly. I love her. She's the reason I decided to pursue my lesson. Olive and the instructors were super supportive and approachable.

I'd highly recommend this to other newbies who wanna learn diving. :D

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I have completed my Padi Open Water with Diverse Borneo in KK a few days ago. I am impressed by the high quality of the service and the sincere kindness of the whole team. Everybody at the office (Alban, Kristina, Olive in particular) is very friendly, responsive and really keen to help, before and after the course. And the experience of the Padi course itself has been amazing, I have had a great instructor (Matt) who is such a professional, passionated and positive person. The team on the boat - I mean the other instructors and the crew - was also very friendly and caring. Both me and my partner spent very pleasant days and experienced a nice, relaxing diving and we feel very lucky and grateful for this.
Moreover the equipment is well maintained and the boat quite comfortable and spacious.
I warmly recommend Diverse Borneo. We spoke to other centers and in my opinion they are far the best in KK.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Joined their guided snorkling tour with 3 spots and these guys really put safty on the first place.

Visited Sapi first, my 8 yr old girl loved it because she could swim with the fish while still having her feet on the sand. Then we moved on to Gaya and the coral and fish was even more beautiful. My 10 yr old boy loved it. First time seeing live sea urchins for him. After lunch we were supposed to move on to the third spot but our guide noticed the wind and wave was getting more heavy and suggested it might not be suitable for the kids. I said lets give a try but turned out he was right. We eneded up getting bk on the jetty after less than 5 mins in the water. They were nice enough to take us bk to Gaya where we spent the rest of the day.

Highly recommened and hope to do it again soon!