Open today: 5:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Great day

We had a lively time riding around Tuaran area visiting local villages and admiring the vistas. Hot... read more

Reviewed 23 July 2020
838marikam
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
via mobile
A Great Day on Mountain Bikes

Just had a great day riding in rural Sabah on mountain bikes. We stayed on fairly flat rural roads... read more

Reviewed 28 February 2020

from US$48.72
from US$77.00
from US$56.42
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2019

What a great days riding in the hills and valleys, riding over suspension bridges and woodland passes, if you like to ride your bike you will love this

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 27 February 2019 via mobile

Picked up from the hotel by Bike Borneo and driven to the start point. Staff are very friendly and speak good English. We were each given a Scott mtn bike and a new water bottle. Two guides accompanied our group along the 33 km trail and we were met from time to time by a vehicle which provided our group with fresh water refills and energy drinks. This also gave our group the option of taking a break should anyone wish to rest.
As there were two guides we split into two groups based on ability and met at a restaurant for lunch. Good lunch was followed by a further 9 km ride to finish the trip.
Staff were informative and approachable.
The only criticism is that the bikes need some attention.
Very enjoyable day out. Thanks guys.

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank rickb896
Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

We booked the 3D/2N mountain bike adventure direct with Bike Borneo. The booking process was faultless with Christian who provided us with the necessary information and we paid online. Ervone and Christian picked us up on time and took us to the starting point where Alex our guide awaited. We were the only ones on the tour so it was like our own private tour. All 3 guys are extremely friendly and helpful and asked us what we would like to do each day and tailored the route based on that and our fitness. We saw a wide variety of stunning landscapes through the foothills of Mount Kinabalu through rainforest, plantations, villages, rivers and even a ride at the end of the second day down to the beach. We had a great variety of food with one superb meal being cooked by Christian who was previously a chef. We had high expectations for the trip and these were exceeded. You really get off the beaten track and experience a Borneo untouched by tourists. Highly recommended and a must do for anyone visiting Sabah. Thanks again guys. Lee and Jason.

Date of experience: December 2018
2  Thank Lee T
BikeBorneo, Manager at Bike Borneo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2018

Hi Lee and Jason,

I am glad you have a wonderful time with our tour, especially with our guides! It is our goal that you are always happy with what you experience with us, so please let us know if there is anything we can do to make the tour a better experience. We look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day!

Yours Sincerely,

Christian T. John

Reviewed 28 November 2018

I did this tour with my husband and 21 year old son and this was one of our favourite tours that we did. We were picked up by Von who was an absolute pleasure to chat with. He gave us lots of local info and even recommended some great local food to try. Our guide was Alex and Von was in the support vehicle. The bikes and equipment were of good quality. Alex was amazing and made sure that we had a fantastic day. He gave us lots of options for our route taking into account our differing experience and as the day went on he gave us further choices. He was very knowledgable about the area and was really easy to get along with. Lunch was great with lots of choice. We are thinking about booking an overnight ride the next time we are in Borneo. I would highly recommend. Bike Borneo was totally professional from the first point of contact until the end of the tour!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Today I had a fantastic day doing the Tuaran day ride. I was lucky enough to be the only client today which meant the day could be totally tailored to suit me. Von picked me up from my accommodation and provided back up. Alex was my guide for the day. The organisation was slick and the regular ice cold drinks were much appreciated. Both Alex and Von were lovely guys. They were interesting and chatty, giving me a great insight into life in Sabah. The tracks we rode were fun, challenging but manageable, and we rode through some beautiful places. I didn’t see another tourist all day.
What you don’t realise from the BikeBorneo website is the impressive ethos of the company. They donate money to the local villages regularly and run a bike club aimed at helping local people who are struggling with alcohol problems to improve their health
Thank you for a great day, it was even nicer as it was the day after I arrived in Borneo and getting on a bike, in the fresh air after all that time on planes and in airports was heaven.

Date of experience: October 2018