Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai
US$200
Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$160
  • Pool
Horizon Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$113
US$82
Trip.com
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
US$127
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

The Klagan Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$48
US$45
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$52/night.

Grand Borneo Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$55
US$46
Trip.com
  • Pool
US$43
US$36
Agoda.com
The Jesselton Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
US$69
  • Restaurant
Hotel Grandis(Kota Kinabalu)
US$155
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

US$223
Shangri-La.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$335/night.

1,517 results
All reviewsnoble housepenyu restaurantkingfisher restaurantsunset barborneo wingmonitor lizardsolives restaurantmain buildingshuttle busprivate beachchinese restaurantan ocean view roomrelaxing holidaythe south china seakids clubseafoodthe club lounge
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

Ironically we had the best holiday ever because the surrounds, particularly the beach were so relaxing and we really unwound. That unfortunately is where the praise ended. There really is nothing positive I can say about the nexus, the whole place is in desperate need of a revamp, and a good clean. Our room was absolutley disgusting! It was unclean and and had an unusual smell about it and all the furniture was damaged. All restaurants except the main one were closed for the duration of our stay for supposedly refurbishment, however after discussing it with a staff member we were told it was because of staff shortage. Food was unedible 90% of the time, and drinks were limited and overpriced. Staff were rude, unhelpful and it always seemed a burden when asking for certain things, ie: ice delivered to room, bus timetables, a drink! Two days into our stay they ran out of beer, and ice!!! How on earth they can run out of ice is beyond me!! Ice and beer were'nt seen for the remainder of our week. The spa was the only place in the resort that was clean, but the service was rude, and the treatments slack. Terrible value for money. I can't stress enough the uncleanliness of this resort, I guess it was just from lack of staff able to tidy things up, or do general cleaning. People would leave plates and glasses around the pool and they would still be there in the morning. Pool bar was also closed down! We actually stayed in the nicer part of the resort, I went for a walk around the grounds one day and checked out the villas over by the golf course, they were dilapidated, smashed windows and overgrown in vines, something tells me they haven't been used for years yet they are still on offer as accommodation. Had there been a closer more viable option we wouldnt have even stayed the first night here, that's just how disgusting this place was! Stay the hell away, you'll totally regret it!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
20  Thank Michey84
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We had a wonderful stay at this place. The customer service was exceptional. We booked the Spa Suite but was upgraded to a 2 room Pool Villa. The villa was big, good, and clean. Beds were comfy and beach towels were provided in the room. It wasn't properly maintained though.

We stayed there for 3 nights and each night, we stayed in a different villa. First night, villa was too far away and there wasn't anyone in our area so we decided to move nearer to the spa suite building. Villa 1 was bigger and the landscaping was properly maintained. Villa 2 had a smaller garden and the plants looked very wilted. Some lights weren't working and the door to the mini indoor garden in the main bathroom couldn't be opened. The shower head had also cracked causing water to spray in every direction.

The next day, the curtain railing gave way and we were asked to move to another villa. This time, we were moved to the seafront villa (Villa 3). Villa 3 was much much nicer! The view was spectacular, too bad we only had 1/2 a day to enjoy it. The shower water was not very warm, chilly in fact. Good thing the weather was hot.

The Spa suites and villas were situated 1km away from the main building which wasn't a problem for us because we had rented a car. The breakfast was good, loved the omelette. The customer service was exceptional. We saw a waitress accompanying 2 kids around the buffet tables taking food for them.

We had a late lunch one day and ordered ala carte. The waitress served us desserts from the buffet table. The same happened for dinner the next night. They asked us whether we would like dessert and of course we said yes :)

I would go back again if there is a good deal because it is quite pricey seeing as the place is a 5 star hotel. Lovely place with good service. Oh, they serve in room dining with no extra charge!

Room Tip: I'd advice to chose the villas closer to the spa suites building because at night, it could get a little creepy as there is no one staying nearby you. UNLESS of course, you want privacy :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sher1208
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed 3 nights at Nexus Villas in a 2 bedroom spa villa. I was expecting a lot when I booked through Agoda. Finally the villa was a 2 bedroom appartment in a 6 floors building, located 1km away from the main hotel (Nexus). Some days, we had to take a shuttle to go there for breakfast, and in any case for lunch and dinner since there is no restaurant at Nexus Villas. Spot is nice but the small pool area is just affected by the noise of all the aircon machineries. Master bedroom is large but the second room very small without night curtains. Food is extremely over pricey just everywhere. Furnitures are really cheap for a 5 stars hotel, carpets are alredy dirty (although the Villas are 2008 built). Kitchen is useless as it is empty and takes lot of place. Service is just fair. Sanitaries, taps, aircon and so on are certainly not made from the best international brands. On our last night and day, before we checked out one day earlier, there was no power in the whole resort due to an outside reason but there was no generator to insure minimum lighting in the rooms, not to say aircon. Also lot of noise at night in the corridors due to noisy staff and cleaning trolleys. Lift was out of order. Reception at the Villas is a small office, nothing to do with a hotel. The golf at the main hotel is great as well as the restaurant on the beach. Buffet at the main restaurant is also overpricey as well as the spa. I recognize the spa is very well designed though. Last point, the Nexus is far from everything. If you want to go to the islands, you must go back to Kota Kinabalu downtown and it can take 40mn to 1 hour in case of traffic. I will not come back and don't recomment this place for a honeymoon or for a family break although the location on the beach is excellent. The Nexus Villas concept is not well thought.

Stayed: April 2012
15  Thank Laurent P
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Me and my family were very dissapointed with the resort. The overall main hotel is quite rundown..We stayed in a 3 bedroom Pool Villa, although is new and quite impressive when we reached. But when you look into details, 1st the villa air cond is not working, the rooms are dusty especially if u turn on the fan, there are many cockroaches even one crawled on my mum's face while sleeping, plenty of ants. The water features around the villa are dirty with a lot of mosquito larvae, fortunately the private pool does not have. The maintenance of the greenery around the villa is bad, no one seems to lawn the grass and clean the dried leaves and flowers around.

Most of the restaurants are closed only left a few one or 2, the most famous is Penyu but is packed with people especially in the morning for breakfast.

The Hotel Transfer, the hotel charges varies from different persons. The 1st time I enquired for 6 Adults and 3 toddlers the concierge told me per way is RM75, after an hour when another everything is confirmed the hotel told me is charges is RM100 per way which I am wondering why? I called up the main hotel again the person who in charge told me is RM120 instead of RM100. Within 5 mins the charges increased again which made me upset and I talked to the Duty Manager and demanded what is the standard price? To my very suprised the Duty Manager said is RM100 because I have more than 4 Adults, there is no such thing as RM120.

The only compliment to Nexus is the Nexie Club which my toddlers have fun time there.

Although the our villa have superb seaview and just a few footsteps away to the beaches....but the hotel standard of 5 stars and services are definately poor. Just spoilt our trip to there.....!

No second time for me and my family.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
14  Thank KarenKow
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We have been upgraded from deluxe room with garden view to a suite room with ocean view and that's really made our honeymoon wonderful and unforgettable moment !! The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room is spacious and the room service is good too. Overall it is a really nice and lovely place for relaxing and honeymoon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple