All reviews gaya street sunday market within walking distance signal hill air con convenient location fish market stayed here for nights kota kk nora waterfront borneo eateries laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2020

This historic hotel is located at the end of a row of shophouses along the famous Gaya Street. A new annex is formed from the 2nd story of the next lot of shophouses which is where we had our room. It looked out onto the back street and further into a main road, and is reasonably quiet. The rates are very good value.

The room was very cosy, with good furnishings (open cabinetry) and fittings. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and we felt very much at home throughout our time there, considering this is one of the few stays we spent a lot of time in the room. Our stay was quite enjoyable and staff were very helpful especially when we had to extend another night as one of our party was not feeling well. Lots of channels and cable TV helped us tide over that too.

We stayed over the weekend and got to experience the night market and Gaya Street market right at our doorstep, which was wonderful. There are many restaurants and shops nearby for souvenirs, snacks and also medicines.

Thank you Michelle for dropping by to talk about the history of the hotel. We really enjoyed our stay and will love to come back again. Kudos also to your staff who were always very warm and helpful.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank junara
Reviewed 31 December 2019

We had a three night stay. The room was clean and freshly appointed. Fluffy white sheets and pillows. Very comfortable. The staff was helpful and attentive. Well located with lots of shops and restaurants nearby. Very reasonably priced for the quality of the accommodations.

2  Thank MontpelierGuy
Reviewed 12 December 2019 via mobile

First time stay. Love the hotel. It’s clean and with nice Christmas Deco. It look super cute with the colonial beauty. During check in, I have requested early check in which is at 12noon due to I had an event at 1pm. The lady at front desk was friendly enough to provide the room. They upgraded us to the new wing room. Room is clean. But it’s quite small though. Unfortunately the bath towel that are provided is smelly. I guessed it was smoke smell. Otherwise everything is perfect. Will be back by Jan 2020 to KK. Will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2019 via mobile

This Hotel is old but convenient to go anywhere around the city.
and value for money.

especially This hotel is located at Gaya st.
so You can go to Sunday Market there is infront of Hotel.
You can go to famous and popular Reastrant at gaya st.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2019 via mobile

Even before I arrived I was impressed by the service.I emailed the hotel 2 weeks before my arrival to ask about day trips around Kota Kinabalu.Nora sent me a list of all the tours available and a good description of what each tour entailed and very kindly offered to book my tours.I did 3 tours and each one was great with good guides.I had a new boutique room which was large,very clean and contained everything I need for a comfortable stay.There are plenty of choices for breakfast which you choose from the breakfast menu.All the food I had was very nice.What makes the Jessleton hotel stand out from many hotels is the kind and friendly staff who work there and the attention to detail.If I were to visit Kota Kinabalu in the future the Jessleton hotel would be my first choice as the location and service are just perfect.

Trip type: Travelled solo