5 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$70
PricelineUS$70
TravelocityUS$70
2,681 results
All reviews night market latest recipe sea view the club lounge seafood the general manager the south china sea an upgrade breakfast spread kota kk sunset concierge bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2021

Le Meridien Hotel, Kota Kinabalu

Vista King Room, Sea view.
2D/1N Stay
✅November 2021
Booked via Marriott Bonvoy Mobile App
Room Size: 42sq. M. /452 sq. Ft.
Current BAR rate: RM 490 without breakfast
Booking method: Marriott Bonvoy mobile App
Booked rate: RM 303 with breakfast and dinner set (Stay & Dine)
0 Deposit (Hotel pre-authorized CC)
Package details: Member rate (Upgraded)
‍‍‍Family Stay

REVIEW
The last time I reviewed of this hotel was in August 2020, returning back here is always pleasant as the hotel itself is pretty welcoming whenever I search for a place to stay in Kota Kinabalu.

Check in
The ever friendly and familiar face Mr. Malcolm greeted me and it seems that everything was ready only waiting for me to sign and my room access cards! In fact, I was checking-in a bit early than usual check-in time and the hotel had no problem on getting the room ready.

✅Lobby
Refreshing look with decorated Christmas tree for coming festive, clean and peaceful as usual.

️Concierge
The concierge quickly helped me with my luggage upon my arrival.

✅Receptionist
Mr. Malcom is a 5-star FDA, no doubt! He gave me a couple jar of delicious cookies too.

️Interior/Cleanliness/Amenities
The room smell was a bit moldy when I came into the room, may be it was not used for quite a time as this hotel was just reopened by end of last month (October 2021) Other than that, it's very satisfactory.

View from room
I get a sweet upgrade to Vista King bedroom and it's very good.

Toilet-Cleanliness/Toiletries
Malin + Goetz brand never disappoint!

Wi-Fi / Line
Great and fast, no complaints!

️Food
I had a good breakfast experience at the Club Lounge, the lounge still being used as the main restaurant that serve as the interim all-day dining venue. Crowded with guests during morning breakfast. Even chat a bit and had a we-fie with Mr. Kanit Sangmookda, the General Manager here.

‍♀️ Facilities (Gym/Swimming Pool/Spa/etc.) Not applicable as I didn't utilize any of the facilities during this short stay.

️Parking
Free parking, plenty of parking lots available on level 1 of the hotel.

Security
Secured, no concerns at all.

CHECKOUT
Mr. Malcom handles my checkout process flawlessly!

OVERALL STAY
To sum it all, I had a very good time staying at this hotel and always ready to plan on staying here again soon.

Room tip: Vista or Sea view is a definite good choice
Date of stay: November 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
90  Thank mohdfadzil79
Reviewed 13 April 2021 via mobile

well, this is very nice hotel. and it has it all. In term of services, yes, they are there and always be there for you, not that perfect but it just totally awesome . recommended with this hotel for every traveller.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank misogitt
Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

GENERAL INFO
€I had a great one night stay end of December with Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu

€Great price due to reopening promotion. Booking made through Bonvoy apps as Platinum member

€Right in city centre and beside the sea. Rooftop bar is great for sunset and cocktail

REVIEW
€Quick and friendly check in

€Lobby is classy with ample seats

€Concierge is very helpful. Always open the door and greet their visitors

€I got an upgrade to sea view Le Meridien suite. Small window for view

€The bidet with seat heater and warm water

€Unbeatable Malin+Goetz toiletries

€Come with free breakfast at lounge. Latest Recipe currently still close

€Steam room not able to use at the moment. Swimming pool is unmanned

€Free parking for guest

€Pro tips: Walk to opposite open air night market for seafood galore

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank liongyu88
Reviewed 1 December 2020 via mobile

Visited here for a drink with a sunset view and was not disappointed.
The pool area is a little small but if it's not busy has enough space for everyone to grab a good spot.
Would highly recommend the rum in fresh coconut! YUM

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2020

Fully recommended!!!!!

Experiencing KK at it finest hour and time? Definitely Le Meridian KK would be the top of the list.

Having the room to be upgraded to Seaview Vista is an unforgettable moment for the stay. Anyone can enjoy the sunset view at the ease of your own room. Better experience definitely from the lounge itself. Having the most spectacular view facing the KK seafront, definitely Le Meridian KK will give some spectaculars scenaries of KK. Believe me, if you are a SocMed enthusiast, definitely Le Meridian KK should be your top of list for the stay.

Newly refurbished room with varieties of channel even make your stay even better. 5 star comfy bed & pillows definitely will vanish the day fatigue of your daily activities. Located at at heart of KK, u can have a daily tripping trip to the iconic islands of KK at your own convenient time.

Most importantly what distinguish Le Meridian KK from other hotels are definitely the great & warm hospitality of the staffs. Thanks to Mr Rizan & the team ( Reazie at the front desk, Afif & Rodney at the lounge & not forgotten other staffs for being the front liner of the hotel) for their 24-7 assistance. The staff are soooo friendly and happy to assist at any time and will go out of your way to make your stay a memorable one. Not to forget, the concierge and Front desk Team who's never tired to give a big welcoming smile, which will made your day right away.

Coming back to KK? Definitely Le Meridian KK would be the top in my list for the future stay. (^^,)

Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Thank Wan Mohd Khairu... A
Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, Guest Services / Front Office at Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2020

Dear Wan,

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu and for taking the time to review us! Thank you for this excellent review, and we are so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us!

Very happy you loved our all around sea view, the suites, as well as the Le Meridien Club Lounge. Most importantly, we are very happy that you enjoyed our hospitality the most. We will share your kind compliments of our team.

We look forward to welcome you and your loved ones again!

Regards,