Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
RM 179
Ara
Brisbane, Australia

Old building, great service

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Jan 2020
I stayed at The LimeTree Hotel for 3 nights. My initial plan was to book a room at Pullman Hotel. However When I saw the 4.5 out of 5 rating for LimeTree with significantly lower room rates I was convinced The LimeTree Hotel was the better choice.
The hotel provides airport pick up/drop off which costs 15MYR which is very reasonable. The driver was on time and the check in process was very easy and the staff were friendly and provided me with useful information.
The moment I walked to my room I remembered the comments I read about how the hotel is overrated and my first impression was that those comments were actually right. While the room was tidy, big and clean, it looked pretty out of date and specially the bathroom looked like it needs a good renovation work.
The hotel offers breakfast which is simple but has a decent variety. The hotel has a roof top bar and restaurant which has a good food and drinks menu and more importantly has a very nice view of the city (highly recommended).
The hotel offers transportation to different to different tourist attractions (including the national parks) with very reasonable prices which is great given that there are not too many taxis in Kuching and some of the tours are expensive and don't offer much flexibility.
The location of the hotel is great. The Bars, food courts, shopping malls, cafes, the river all located within the walking distance from the hotel.
The thing that I liked the most about the LimeTree Hotel was how well the hotel is managed. The staff were very professional and tried to do their best to make sure I had a comfortable stay at the hotel. Small things like offering umbrella when it was raining or leaving notes under my door to ask what time I wanted them to make the room or having breakfast in a take away box ready for me before I checked out for my early morning flight.
Overall I think a rating of 4 out of 5 would be a fair rating for The LimeTree Hotel. Even though I did not like the room (because it looked old), I enjoyed the service of the hotel and the cleanness of the room. I think if I go back to Kuching I will probably stay at The LimeTree Hotel again.
Date of stay: December 2019
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 8 Jan 2020
Dear ArMo2015,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are glad to learn that your stay was overall a positive one and that you enjoyed the many aspects of what we had to offer, although we wish we had exceeded your expectations!

Please be assured that our maintenance team are constantly working on the upkeep of the our property and its facilities. We also get various feedback from guests for the same Standard City View room you had booked, which has a minimalist decor with a sustainability concept. For your future reference, we offer five room types with different amenities and layouts, and our Front Desk team would be more than happy to show you other room options prior to check-in.

I have shared your kind compliments regarding our service; I am truly proud of our team of unique individuals who strive to ensure our guests have a seamless and memorable stay. Your satisfaction on the services rendered by our team is our most valuable reward!

Your feedback is valuable and much appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Julie Tay- Resident Manager
RM 380
  • Official Hotel Site
19.7 km from The LimeTree Hotel
Free parking
The Theatre Hotel Kuching is a luxurious hotel located in the heart of Kuching City, Sarawak. Our hotel is a perfect blend of history and modern luxury, providing you with an exceptional experience during your stay with us. Our team is dedicated to making your stay memorable and comfortable. We offer a wide range of services to our guests, including 24-hour front desk, free Wi-Fi, Self Service laundry, and more. Our rooms are spacious, elegantly designed, and equipped with all modern amenities t
    RM 202
    RM 352
7.6 km from The LimeTree Hotel
View more hotels in Kuching
1,127 results
All reviews lime tree lime juice laksa marmalade executive suite clean hotel standard room sarawak river riverfront borneo laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 December 2019

Stayed for 3 nights in a twin bedded standard room. Relatively clean but room is small and toilet is also very small. Twin Beds are single, not super single size and are rather low. Hotel is located at the city centre and does not have any facilities like swimming pool or gym. It is within walking distance to the waterfront area but if you do not want to walk, just take Grab which costs only RM4 or 5. Very convenient to travel around from here - only about 20 min from airport and about 30 min to Semenggoh Orang Utan Centre. Daily breakfast is provided and is a reasonable spread for a small hotel. Soundproofing of rooms is poor. Can hear the loud closing of doors and people talking along the corridor at night. Friendly staff.

Room tip: Higher floor may be quieter
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Poeyyin
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2019

Dear Poeyyin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly and that we are situated in a convenient city location in Kuching for your travels.

For your future reference, we offer larger room types (22-58sqm) and our Front Desk team are always available to discuss our guests' room requirements.

We are sorry to learn about the noise issue from other rooms; there had been an event and many guests were indeed entering in and out of their rooms more frequently than usual. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can verify this matter and make the necessary improvements to our rooms and facilities.

My team and I remain committed to exceed our guests' expectations with our services and to provide quality accommodation at great value with our complimentary breakfast and free internet usage for our guests. We hope you had the opportunity to enjoy the view at our rooftop lounge, one of the facilities for our guests.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Best regards,

Julie Tay- Resident Manager

Reviewed 23 November 2019

Stayed 2 nights in an executive room which was quiet & well equipped and 1 night in the standard room which was more basic and noisy. The cost difference is little so go for the executive. The rooms were clean. The breakfast is ok - not up to the more expensive 4 star plus hotels but good value. The rooftop bar is great but eat dinner in the town which is a short and fun walk (or use Grab cars).

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank georanger
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Dear georanger,

Thank for taking the time to review us. We offer various room types including the Standard City View at 19sqm and Executive rooms from 32 sqm - we are glad you managed to experience both room types during your stay. Our maintenance team will check and improve the sound insulation of the Standard City room you had.

It is with your feedback that we are able to improve our standards and achieve excellence. We look forward welcoming you again, and many best wishes from all at The LimeTree!

Reviewed 18 November 2019

I selected this hotel based on the good reviews I read here. The hotel is very clean, decent and presentable. But we were a little bit disappointed after having stayed there. We arrived late from airport and by the time we checked in, the kitchen closed within 5 minutes. But we were told that at the rooftop bar we can get some snacks.

After checking in, we went up to the roof top bar, as it was weekday, there was no crowd and proceed to order. The pizza was really bad. I understand it's only bar snack and not proper restaurant, but the pita bread they used as the base for pizza was really bad and the cheese pizza did not have much cheese on it. I could not finish my meal. But i really enjoyed the cocktail I had.

The ambiance and deco of the roof top bar for 3-star hotel was very nice.

Next morning, the breakfast was simple and sufficient for a quick meal.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank sugania20
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2019

Dear sugania20,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Although your stay was overall a positive one, we are sorry to learn that your dining experience at our rooftop lounge did not meet your expectations.

Our outlet team wished they had received your feedback during your meal so they could make things right for you by replacing the item immediately with other light bites e.g. pasta, fries, samosas and wings because your satisfaction as a customer is our top priority. Your comments have been shared with our kitchen and bar team for their action and improvement. We are also delighted to know you liked the atmosphere and cocktails at the rooftop lounge.

My team and I remain committed to striving for excellence at all times, and it is through feedback like yours that we can monitor our standards of service, discover areas to improve and understand our guests better.

We look forward to welcoming you again. Many best wishes from all of us and safe travels!

Reviewed 11 November 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in an Executive room. Room was clean and decoratively OK but lacked the ‘wow’ factor we’ve experienced in other hotels in Malaysia.
Breakfast was a bit underwhelming and breakfast staff not particularly welcoming. On our first day the ‘hot’ foods were stone cold, yet 2 staff on duty who didn’t seem to notice. On the second day we order fried eggs x2 which didn’t appear until about 20 minutes after ordering and these were cold when they arrived. There seems to be a disconnection between the kitchen and dining room staff.
We made use of the top floor bar which was reasonably priced during their 4-8pm happy hour.
So in summary, this is hotel is OK for budget conscious travellers but based on past TA reviews were were expecting a bit more than the overpowering reference to lime everywhere.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 722jonathanw
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2019

Dear 722jonathanw,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are sorry to learn about the breakfast issues you had experienced, which is not our usual standard. I have shared your comments with our kitchen and breakfast service team to take immediate action to improve our breakfast standards and to ensure the issues do not recur. We are also glad you managed to enjoy our daily Happy Hour offers at our rooftop lounge.

Your review is much appreciated, where it is with feedback like yours as our valued guest that we are able to improve and achieve excellence in all areas.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Many best wishes from all at The LimeTree!

Reviewed 10 November 2019

Friendly people, good breakfast especially the laksa and the lime and guava juice. Rooms a bit dated but clean. Very good location. Walkable to everything and a bus stop very near. Across the street is a myDobi Coin Laundry. Very good laundromat.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank AvineC1

Dear AvineC1,

We thank you for choosing to stay at The LimeTree Hotel during your recent trip to Kuching.

My team and I are delighted to learn that your stay was overall a positive one. Glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you found our location to be favourable; it takes an 8 to 10 minutes walk to reach the Waterfront from our hotel and we are located within the vicinity of the charming Chinatown Padungan with plenty of eating places, shopping malls and other useful facilities.

We really appreciate the time you have taken to review us and we look forward to welcoming you again at The LimeTree Hotel.

Best regards,