Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 15/10/22
Trip.comUS$27
FindHotel
1,113 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2020

I want to take this opportunity to thank the wonderful hotel staff for helping us so much, when we were desperate, beacause our government told us to cancel our holiday due to the Coronavirus outbreak in our country. They made so many phone calls for us, organised things and remained so calm and friendly. The Limetree Hotel is a modern and clean city hotel 5 Minutes walk from the famous Kuching Waterfront. The Breakfast buffet is a little different everyday and consists of Western and traditional Malaysian foods. They give you the opportunity to deposit your luggage for free, in case you want to spend a night in one of the beautiful Borneo national parks for example. I hope that this hotel will have many visitors again, once this health crisis is over. Thank you and be safe!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Julie Tay, General Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2022

Dear Marion R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your LimeTree experience on TripAdvisor! My team and I are delighted to read your kind comments, and nothing makes us happier than knowing that we were able to help our guests especially during challenging times.

We are grateful for your review which undoubtedly validated our team's efforts. Looking forward to welcoming you again if your travel takes you back to Kuching. Best wishes from all at The LimeTree Hotel.

Warm regards,
Julie Tay - General Manager

Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

Stopped here for a few days. Really enjoyed kuchin. I would recommend the food hall near the old court house. On 3rd floor they serve all different cuisines and it cost approx £2 per meal. The hotel is about 10 mins walk to the river and about 20 mins to centre. It is clean and basic. Staff are friendly and always willing to help. Breakfast is ok, small selection. The roof top bar is quite nice at happy hour from 4-8. Only real criticism is there is no pool. I would stop again.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Johnsupport1969

Dear Johnsupport1969,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and we are glad to learn that you really enjoyed Kuching!

My team and I appreciate your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,

Julie Tay - General Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2020

We stayed in the Limetree hotel for 3 nights, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had a great super king bed.
There is a lovely roof top bar to enjoy a sun down gin and tonic at an affordable price.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank 101meganjk
Reviewed 6 January 2020

I stayed at The LimeTree Hotel for 3 nights. My initial plan was to book a room at Pullman Hotel. However When I saw the 4.5 out of 5 rating for LimeTree with significantly lower room rates I was convinced The LimeTree Hotel was the better choice.
The hotel provides airport pick up/drop off which costs 15MYR which is very reasonable. The driver was on time and the check in process was very easy and the staff were friendly and provided me with useful information.
The moment I walked to my room I remembered the comments I read about how the hotel is overrated and my first impression was that those comments were actually right. While the room was tidy, big and clean, it looked pretty out of date and specially the bathroom looked like it needs a good renovation work.
The hotel offers breakfast which is simple but has a decent variety. The hotel has a roof top bar and restaurant which has a good food and drinks menu and more importantly has a very nice view of the city (highly recommended).
The hotel offers transportation to different to different tourist attractions (including the national parks) with very reasonable prices which is great given that there are not too many taxis in Kuching and some of the tours are expensive and don't offer much flexibility.
The location of the hotel is great. The Bars, food courts, shopping malls, cafes, the river all located within the walking distance from the hotel.
The thing that I liked the most about the LimeTree Hotel was how well the hotel is managed. The staff were very professional and tried to do their best to make sure I had a comfortable stay at the hotel. Small things like offering umbrella when it was raining or leaving notes under my door to ask what time I wanted them to make the room or having breakfast in a take away box ready for me before I checked out for my early morning flight.
Overall I think a rating of 4 out of 5 would be a fair rating for The LimeTree Hotel. Even though I did not like the room (because it looked old), I enjoyed the service of the hotel and the cleanness of the room. I think if I go back to Kuching I will probably stay at The LimeTree Hotel again.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank ArMo2015
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Dear ArMo2015,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are glad to learn that your stay was overall a positive one and that you enjoyed the many aspects of what we had to offer, although we wish we had exceeded your expectations!

Please be assured that our maintenance team are constantly working on the upkeep of the our property and its facilities. We also get various feedback from guests for the same Standard City View room you had booked, which has a minimalist decor with a sustainability concept. For your future reference, we offer five room types with different amenities and layouts, and our Front Desk team would be more than happy to show you other room options prior to check-in.

I have shared your kind compliments regarding our service; I am truly proud of our team of unique individuals who strive to ensure our guests have a seamless and memorable stay. Your satisfaction on the services rendered by our team is our most valuable reward!

Your feedback is valuable and much appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,

Julie Tay- Resident Manager

Reviewed 8 December 2019

Stayed for 3 nights in a twin bedded standard room. Relatively clean but room is small and toilet is also very small. Twin Beds are single, not super single size and are rather low. Hotel is located at the city centre and does not have any facilities like swimming pool or gym. It is within walking distance to the waterfront area but if you do not want to walk, just take Grab which costs only RM4 or 5. Very convenient to travel around from here - only about 20 min from airport and about 30 min to Semenggoh Orang Utan Centre. Daily breakfast is provided and is a reasonable spread for a small hotel. Soundproofing of rooms is poor. Can hear the loud closing of doors and people talking along the corridor at night. Friendly staff.

Room tip: Higher floor may be quieter
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Poeyyin
JTayKuching, Resident Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2019

Dear Poeyyin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly and that we are situated in a convenient city location in Kuching for your travels.

For your future reference, we offer larger room types (22-58sqm) and our Front Desk team are always available to discuss our guests' room requirements.

We are sorry to learn about the noise issue from other rooms; there had been an event and many guests were indeed entering in and out of their rooms more frequently than usual. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can verify this matter and make the necessary improvements to our rooms and facilities.

My team and I remain committed to exceed our guests' expectations with our services and to provide quality accommodation at great value with our complimentary breakfast and free internet usage for our guests. We hope you had the opportunity to enjoy the view at our rooftop lounge, one of the facilities for our guests.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Best regards,