Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
RM 159
Fully refundable before Wed, 6 Mar
Agoda.com
RM 120
Fully refundable before Sat, 9 Mar
No booking fees
1,122 results
All reviews lime tree lime juice laksa marmalade executive suite clean hotel standard room sarawak river riverfront borneo laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2023

I stayed in the Limetree for one week, and tried two different types of room.

1. Standard room - Small, not much space to put personal belongings. Had to request a mini cooler as fridge was not provided.
2. Executive suite - Spacious with a writing desk, sofa and floor carpet.

Bathroom sink has no hot water for both types of rooms.

What I like most about this hotel is the lobby.
Spacious and laid back environment. Spotted many foreign tourists staying here.

Breakfast was simple but good - Laksa served in a slow cooker pot, fried noodles or rice, fresh fruits, bread with butter and lime jam. Additional RM3 charges for ala-carte eggs. On Sunday there were bananas and Sarawak layer cake. I could spend an entire morning here.

Date of stay: November 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Julie Tay, General Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2023

Dear WongHY17,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. My team and I are delighted to learn that your stay was overall a positive one and that you were able to experience two different room types and captured the true essence of our lime theme during your stay!

We appreciate your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again in Kuching for another LimeTree experience.

Best regards,
Julie Tay - General Manager
The LimeTree Hotel

Reviewed 7 January 2023 via mobile

Great value, super clean and I slept really well. It’s about 10 minutes east walk from the central sights. The reception team were also really helpful. Thank you. The operational sustainability principles were also great to see, more committed than any of the larger Borneo hotels I’ve stayed in.

Date of stay: January 2023

Dear Isabel M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your LimeTree experience on TripAdvisor; your satisfaction is indeed our most valuable reward! My team and I are delighted to read your positive feedback which undoubtedly validated our team's efforts to provide excellent service and facilities.

Your appreciation and support for our sustainability concept really mean a lot to us.

Looking forward to welcoming you again when your travel brings you back to Kuching!

Best regards,
Julie Tay - General Manager
The LimeTree Hotel

Reviewed 3 October 2022 via mobile

Stayed here recently on a recommendation. Firstly, they are to be highly commended on their sustainability program - many hotels profess to be sustainable but very few are. The Limetree very definitely is and it is very clear that they "walk the talk".
The rooms are large and comfortable with all the necessary amenities that you need for a short stay. Hot water is hot and air-conditioning is cold. Rooms are well cleaned and maintained.
Staff are very friendly and efficient and much of this can be attributed the presence throughout the day of senior management.
Their breakfast buffet was good - the "Make-it-as-you-like-it" Sarawak laksa was something special and the homemade lime marmalade was excellent.
The location is ideal for a short walk in to the business areas of the city as well as all the tourist sights. Kuching is well located for visits to the nearby attractions.
I would have no hesitation in staying here again when visiting Kuching and I highly recommend it.

Room tip: Executive Suite is very comfortable and spacious. Recommend higher floor for better view. Enjoy the breakfast.
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Julie Tay, General Manager at The LimeTree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2022

Dear _most_discerning2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your LimeTree experience on TripAdvisor! Nothing makes us happier than to know the aspects of our hotel met your expectations during your stay. Your appreciation for our sustainability concept and environmental initiatives mean a lot to us!

My team and I are grateful for your kind comments which undoubtedly validated our team's efforts to always provide great service and to always ensure our guests are our top priority. A big thank you for your commendation of us to others and we hope to welcome you again when you next travel to Kuching!

Julie, General Manager

Reviewed 27 September 2022 via mobile

Good hotel in walking distance to the waterfront, friendly helpful staff and clean. Decent breakfast, although didn’t eat any other meals here.
They are contributing with sustainable tourism with avoiding plastic water bottles, and recycling bins.
Highly recommend this hotel if you’re in Kuching.

Date of stay: September 2022
1  Thank petabu

Dear petabu,

We are delighted to learn that your stay was overall a positive one! Your support for our sustainability concept and environmental initiatives is much appreciated. We are grateful for your kind commendation of us to others and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Julie

Reviewed 24 August 2022 via mobile

Staying at this hotel on 19/8-21/8/2022 at Room 208. I did not expect much at first since this was my first experience staying here. Upon arrival, I was greeted by the receptionist in a very friendly manner and gestures. Check in was fast. The room smell so fresh and it gave me calming effects. I really love the smell. The setback is the washroom especially the toilet flushing system. You need to flush several times to let the waste go away. I hope the maintenance part will check it. Another setback was upon my check in, the room is not cleanly mopped. You can feel the dust on your feet and I believe this should not happen. The breakfast was simple. And I really enjoyed their laksa Sarawak broth on the first day. Overall, I love my stayhere. And I look forward to staying here again.

Room tip: Try to get the room at upper floor. Less traffic sounds from nearby street.
Date of stay: August 2022

Dear FidelisPatrick6700,

My team and I are thrilled to learn that your stay with us was overall a positive one! We are glad you enjoyed many aspects of your stay; it is with feedback like yours as our valued guest that we are able to improve and maintain our housekeeping and maintenance standards.

We are grateful for your review and for your kind comments. Looking forward to welcoming you again for another LimeTree experience!

Julie