Lowest prices for your stay
RM 80
Caryn
Kuching, Malaysia

Disappointing experience

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Dec 2018via mobile
I booked a room here for convenience sake as I work at a nearby Plaza Merdeka mall. I needed a place to crash after a very late night of stock take (we finished at 430am). I was so disappointed that the electricity kept tripping in the room since early morning until noon when it was check out time. To add to the inconvenience, there is no phone in the room to allow you to call the front desk, so I had to call the reception from my personal phone. The room I got was facing the main road so by 7am it was very noisy.

For the RM103 I paid, I expected a better room.
Date of stay: December 2018
    RM 439
  • Hotels.com
0.2 km from 360Xpress City Center
Pool
The Theatre Hotel Kuching is a luxurious hotel located in the heart of Kuching City, Sarawak. Our hotel is a perfect blend of history and modern luxury, providing you with an exceptional experience during your stay with us. Our team is dedicated to making your stay memorable and comfortable. We offer a wide range of services to our guests, including 24-hour front desk, free Wi-Fi, Self Service laundry, and more. Our rooms are spacious, elegantly designed, and equipped with all modern amenities t
RM 222
    RM 334
    RM 435
19.8 km from 360Xpress City Center
View more hotels in Kuching
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2018 via mobile

I would conclude this

1) next door were a family w non stop crying baby, the sound so loud as if I was just a curtain away...human issue
2) so dirty the hotel corridor see the photo the rubbish were there for 2 days
3) smelly room might due to no window
4) aircond not really cold but cold after if on for whole day
5) got hotel housekeeping but seem not cleaning coz I dropped some sugar on the table and it’s still there when I back. And the toilet bowl.....as if the hotel cannot afford a better cleaning chemical??

What else?? I m too picky? Frankly I couldn’t think of anything else good except the location is near to Padungan

But for a business traveler this might be a good value hotel. But in return I m getting s crying baby and pungent smile room I don’t think I want to come back again

Pay a little bit more for a better hotel I would rather

Date of stay: December 2018
2  Thank Jimmy_L421
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

The room is lack of maintenance and not sound proof, could hear clearly the noise from next door and outside. The cleaners are unprofessional since they're always making noise in the corridor, talking and laughing out loud outside the room. Limited TV channels, only a few local Malay channels and not suitable for those not understanding Malay well. Internet connection was interrupted in the room, very poor Internet connection. A lot of noise could be heard during midnight. After all, I had very bad experience during my stay in this hotel👇👇👇😣 it wasn't worth the money value at all.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Very friendly staff, but No hot water, no internet in room, convenient to walking around and some nice local restaurants, especially Sunday Dimsum. A couple of Dive Bars near by and 24 hour 7-11. Other than that, really not worth the price. Can get better deals if you spend 10-20rm more.

Room tip: The hotel is very run down. My room was falling apart.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I did not expect to be able to sleep well but I did! The bed was comfy, hot shower was working, pillows are comfy and fluffy too. It's absolutely worth every single penny especially for a night stopover and having to leave the city the next day.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 28 January 2018

The stafff is friendly and try to be helpful but they are not fluent in English so at times communication can be difficult. There are a few restaurants, bars and grocery stores within walking distance so that was convenient. Don’t get a room next to the road it can be very noisy at times. Over all the hotel was a good value for the money.

Room tip: Don’t get a room next to the road it can be very noisy.
Date of stay: January 2018