Batik Boutique Hotel
Priceline
US$46
US$42
Agoda.com
All reviewsjo lynnfrench presslocal rice winesmall hotelday bedrain showertop spotfriendly hotellocal coffeebako national parkrooms are spacioushighly recommend this hotelseafoodsarawak laksathe riverstayed for nightscarpenter street
Reviewed 25 February 2017

There are myriad hotels in Kuching; few are memorable. Batik Boutique is one of those rare places where the conflux of intimate surroundings and personable staff immediately put you at ease. Everything feels instantly familiar and welcoming; while, the locally-inspired decor conveys a subtle sense of warmth that is lacking in even the most high-priced of Kuching’s establishments. This is the sort of hotel where the staff will remember your name and show a genuine interest in your stay. Its location, central to the best nightlife and day attractions, also means you have the option of walking almost everywhere.

It is for this reason that I chose to stay at Batik again after having stayed there several years prior. Though years had passed, my impression had not diminished. On my first stay, during the Christmas period, the thematic changes made to accord with the season were commendable and altogether heartwarming. Simple touches, such as receiving a handcrafted Christmas card, added to the experience and set Batik a level above. My second stay, in December 2016, was also punctuated with similar gestures that increased my sense of belonging and measurably improved my stay. True to form, the service offered by the staff remained as personal and frank as my first time.

The staff speak fantastic English and are happy contribute their vast knowledge to travel plans. All this factors combined have made this my go to hotel for any future visits to Kuching.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2017

he room was big and clean and the bed and linen were fresh and comfortable. The best hot shower we had in Asia too. Breakfast was great too, and the staff were very nice to us. even the manager she helped us to arrange our trips personally too.

Nothing bad to say. Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: have to ask for the bathtub room
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2017

January 2017 stay with wife and daughter. Had communicated with them for some time regarding trip and desires while in Kuching. Have never had such personal attention....and that was from the entire staff of 7 that we met. All were so eager to meet every need, point us to the best activities, and help us get there. Stay in many high end hotels annually and often find 1-2 individuals that provide excellent service. This was beyond compare.

Every day of our stay---24/7 they were on the spot. All went like clockwork....taking care of rooms, meals, drinks, tours, transportation, etc. All went way overboard to make our stay the best. At the end of every day they are there and truly interested to hear what we did.

Location is perfect....close to all. This will truly be your home away from home!

Room Tip: Would recommend top floors to avoid street noise. Elevatior is quick
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

This is a very homely Hotel. Very welcoming with a traditional drink. This hotel is so convenient cos' it near to tourist area and food places and shopping. When we want to buy Kueh Lapis, they drove to the special place to buy it before sending us to the airport. Very personalize service and very helpful in intro us to the best place to eat and visit. Highly recommended hotel and super value for money.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2017

We stayed here for 12 nights followed by two more at a later time in Jan. as we had to use Kuching as a base (due to injury).
The co-operators/owners were sensational in their assistance to me - collecting me from hospital, ensuring I had everything I needed and transporting us to the bus stop when we headed off to Sibu. They went above and beyond their duties as hosts for which I am most grateful.
The rooms are spacious, clean, bright and colourful.
The breakfast options are delicious and more than adequate.
The location is handy to all tourist areas of interest, including the Top Spot eatery around the corner which is well worth a visit at night. There is a DIY laundry facility open 24 hours right across the road for added convenience.
The other hotel staff are helpful and friendly and seem to enjoy a chat at the bar. We learnt a great deal about Malay culture and history from just sitting around asking questions and listening to their stories.
I am very fond of Kuching and this is, in part, due to the very positive experience we had at Batik Boutique.
Thank you J and J!!