Beds Guesthouse
  • Pool
US$37
56 Hotel(Kuching)
US$34
Basaga Holiday Residences(Kuching)(Great Value!)
US$32
Agoda.com
US$45
US$85
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinstant noodleswe stayed in a double roomrooms are cleancommon roomair contea and coffeestayed here for nightswithin walking distancechinatowncomputerstvdormfacilitieswifilaundrywaterfrontculture
Reviewed 5 October 2011

The facilities here are outstandingl - showers, common areas, air con, great character etc. Very clean and high quality linen.
Imo and David are great hosts and make it a fun, relaxed place to stay. They organised some really fun nights out when I was there. It feels like a home away from home. I was recommended Beds from other travelers who I met in Sabah, and they raved about it as much as I am now. It was definitely a highlight of my time in Sarawak!
Perhaps it's a blessing that this place isn't in LP as it wasn't full when I saw there. It's spacious enough to handle critical mass though

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Shoegazer_AU
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I stayed here 5 nights with my partner and we both loved it! We stayed in a double ensuite room, a little small but very clean and nice, with 2 comfortable beds (not attachable) and super comfortable pillows! the staff is sooo great, really friendly and helpful. also they have a very useful board with information on transportation, so we could easily go on our own anywhere we wanted in the beautiful surroundings of Kuching. The common areas are really nice. Overall this place offered us everything we needed at a very good price.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank daphne283
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here for five nights and we were very happy with out choice. It's in a nice little neighborhood, with some food places in walking distance, and it's s sort walk down to the waterfront.

The room we stayed in was small, but the common spaces are very welcoming and make a great area to sit back and watch a movie after a long day. The staff was also a lot of fun, and very personable. We really enjoyed getting to know Greg, a intelligent young local who Was very talkative, very helpful, and always smiling.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank MichaelBensonCAL
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Fantastic place to stay! Staff are super friendly. Not a moment I felt like I was away from home. The place is clean, the comforter, Oh my God, the comforter, it is soooooooo nice and comfy. Thought of stealing it, but of course I didn't. :P It was truly a good deal. From the bar, to the living room area to the rooms and bathrooms, everything is perfect! The shops surrounding Beds offer really yummylicious Sarawak food as well. Thank you for introducing Lee Fah Mee to me, it's an awesome instant noodle. What more can I say when I can just buy the whole box of it 2 doors down from Beds. Will definitely definitely go back to Beds. :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank AsianWalkAbout
Reviewed 12 June 2011

The minute we were picked up from the airport by David we immediately felt so welcome. We stayed in a private double room which was very clean and comfortable, the share shower facilities were also very clean. There is a lovely lounge room downstairs and you have access to a kitchen if you feel like cooking. The rate came with all day complimentary brekkie which you prepare. David and his team were so friendly and helpful and we really felt at home there. Location is about 20 minutes walk from the waterfront but that was fine for us. If you are heading to Bako National Park the bus stop is only 400m away from the guesthouse (David and staff enjoy arguing about the distance). All in all this is a lovely guesthouse and we had such an enjoyable stay of 3 nights, we would certainly go back. If you enjoy your Char Siu Bao the shop about 2 doors down (heading towards the Great Cat) makes the most amazing BBQ Pork buns we have ever had!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple