Review Highlights
Highly recommended

This is our first outdoor trip after the long mco. The river is beautiful and clean. The tour... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Peiuuen
Worth the experience in hidden gems of Padawan.

very worth experience although this is my first experience kayaking, the friendly tour guide will... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
adhiekelana

Recommended experiences in and around Kuching
from US$50.71
from US$112.83
from US$186.36
from US$102.57
More Info
All reviews the river beautiful scenery body rafting small waterfall lunch provided fish feeding ayam pansuh safety briefing bamboo raft fun experience day trip great guide fruit mcqueen luke rapids paddling
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2019

Weaving down the river, through rapids and with the amazing Sarawak setting, I can’t fault my day with Semadang Kayak. I chose to add a visit to Semenggoh to see the Orang Utans to the start of the tour which can be done through their website and was picked up and dropped off at my hostel door. Facilities are excellent throughout and the instructors were incredibly helpful- smiling, chatting to the kayakers and pointing out things worth knowing about on the banks of the Sarawak river. They even dropped my trainers back at my hostel for me later the same night when I inevitably left them behind.

I can’t recommend Semadang enough and I’m sure it was one of my favourite days in SE Asia.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 5 August 2019 via mobile

We booked as a group of 4 and all agreed one of our favourite days in Kuching. Our two guides Martin and Pai were super friendly and had a good sense of humour. They pointed out interesting things along the way and took some great photos of our day. We even had a little swim (float) down the river. The lunch provided at the end was really tasty. Would definitely recommend this trip!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank fayelegs
Reviewed 30 July 2019

It was dry season when we went, hence it was shallow and river flow was low, providing certain level of difficulty for newbies in navigation. The river was pristine, very calm and peaceful. Elderly and children with an adventurous heart can definitely deal with this!

Shower facilities at the ending was beyond expectation. It was clean and sufficient for a group of 10. Lunch was delicious!

Our driver & river guide MacQueen is humorous and very knowledgeable in nature. He was open to share a lot about his own experience in nature. He and another guide Pai took extra care to ensure our safety and enjoyment. Photos were sent to our emails on the same day as well. Kudos to the team, I highly recommend this trip to anyone who wants to be up close with borneo rainforest.

1  Thank Coconutlongcat
Reviewed 28 July 2019 via mobile

We have been there as a family with two young kids. The nature is amazing and the guides are great, smart and well trained. We had fun and could see a nearly untouched nature. The company is well organized and very familiar as they cook a very tasty lunch.

2  Thank starlet1717
Reviewed 22 July 2019

Rainy day at the start of our trip but the rain subsided after first 1-2km.
Good fun, nice scenery and mini waterfall.
Many photos given to us via dropbox.
The food was hot and home-cooked at a comfortable setting.

Only downside would be having to carry a heavy kayak up the slope at the end..especially as a petite sized female it was a challenge, could have used some help from the male guides.

Overall, it was a great day. Thank you.