Review Highlights
Great hospitality, friendly tour guide, wonderful place, great experience

Great hospitality, friendly tour guide, wonderful place, great experience. Safety 🦺 was no.1... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
rachela954
Highly recommended

This is our first outdoor trip after the long mco. The river is beautiful and clean. The tour... read more

Reviewed 16 October 2021
Peiuuen

Recommended experiences in and around Kuching
from US$49.85
from US$112.83
from US$183.20
from US$102.57
More Info
All reviews the river lunch provided fish feeding ayam pansuh safety briefing bamboo raft fun experience fruit local food rapids scenery pai adventure waterfall nature activity beginners
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2020

Everything about this half day trip was first class & thoroughly professional.
I believe that they have their Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor & it is thoroughly deserved.
Booking was easy.
I was picked up from my accommodation exactly when stated.
The mini bus was spotless.
Full instructions were given on arrival.
I was able to request a single kayak as I didn't want to share.
I explained at this point that I had difficult dietary problems (Coeliac - needing gluten free & vegetarian) & that I had therefore brought along my own snacks etc.
They were absolutely brilliant & said that it was no problem at all, their chef could prepare food that was safe for me to eat. I was so shocked! This was totally unexpected.
Our kayaking experience was huge fun. There were quite a few 'rapids' which we had to get through but they were excellent on safety & made sure everyone was OK.
We stopped part way to 'feed the fish' & have a swim which was fun.
Then we continued on down the river.
We didn't need to paddle hard which was great.
At the finish point, there were incredibly clean shower and drying facilities etc. I was very impressed.
Then we had our meal. It was really excellent. My gluten free food had been prepared beautifully & was kept separate from the other food (to avoid cross contamination). It was delicious. It was worthy of a very good restaurant.
We were then driven back to our hotels.
What a really lovely day.
They deserve to do well with their business.

1  Thank christine b
Reviewed 7 February 2020

We had a wonderful experience exploring Semadang River via kayak. Our guides, Max and Ash were very accommodating, helpful and friendly. Being our first time trying out kayaking, they really helped us out and made our trip an enjoyable one! Lunch that was provided was also very delicious and the facility for showering was very clean and comfortable to use.
They provide transport to and fro from our hotel, which made it very convenient.

A memorable experience that we are truly grateful for! :)

It was a very pleasant experience from the online booking till the drop off. Thank you to Luke and also Pai and the wonderful hostess during lunch.

1  Thank Kerayzee
Reviewed 7 February 2020

My son and I wanted to experience a bit of the local life. A gentle paddle downstream sounded like the ticket. We were impressed by the professionalism of the whole crew with their safety and equipment reflecting a well run organisation. There seemed to be local natives working for the outfit and our guides for the day Max and Zoo were friendly, cheerful and informative. Had some diversions along the way breaking up the paddle. A shower under a mini-waterfall and another stop to feed the frisky fishes were especially memorable. This section of the river is quite safe, only 1 very minor "rapid" to make sure we were awake. Enjoyed the scenery along the banks which is still pristine. Led me to imagine what life was like when there was more traffic plying the river. Had a bit of rain but the mists just added to the atmosphere. Afterwards the cleansing showers and lovely lunch topped off the experience. A wonderful experience and looking back at the photos they took brings a smile

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 4 February 2020

I had an absolutely fantastic time kayaking with Semadang Kayak.They accommodated my very last minute booking request and were very helpful. David was a great guide, very informative and easy to chat to. It was brilliant kayaking down the beautiful river, it was peaceful and serene but also alot of fun with stopping at the waterfall and feeding the fishes. David took lots of good photos which was great not to have to think about taking my own. The food at the end was excellent too. I'd highly reccomend Semadang.

Reviewed 31 January 2020 via mobile

Great time and fantastic guides would definitely recommend. Food lovely and scenery was fantastic. Waterfall and feeding fish broke up the activity really well planned.

Date of experience: January 2020