Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
ZOm999
Kuala Belait, Brunei Darussalam

comfortable hotel and great breakfast

Review of Hilton Kuching
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Mar 2024
We took the one bedroom suite with living room, extremely spacious and clean. I love the hotel. Breakfast was one of the best that I have ever experienced in my monthly travel in 2023 and amongst the hotels in Kuching town. It is near the waterfront and a shopping mall.
Date of stay: December 2023
Room Tip: The pool is big and rarely occupied during the weekend and weekdays, surprisingly. Several 24...
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Adrian Teh, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this review
Responded 14 Mar 2024
Dear ZOm999,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Kuching.

I am delighted to learn that you had a great dining experience at River View Cafe for breakfast during you stay, I will be sure to share your experience with the wider team. As you have also highlighted, our location is certainly commanding being centrally located to all sights and attractions. Our position to the river's edge of the Sarawak River remains the best in class offering our guests direct access.

On behalf of the team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and should you require any assistance prior to your next visit, please do reach out.

RM 569
    RM 190
    RM 162
5.7 km from Hilton Kuching
Free parking
The Theatre Hotel Kuching is a luxurious hotel located in the heart of Kuching City, Sarawak. Our hotel is a perfect blend of history and modern luxury, providing you with an exceptional experience during your stay with us. Our team is dedicated to making your stay memorable and comfortable. We offer a wide range of services to our guests, including 24-hour front desk, free Wi-Fi, Self Service laundry, and more. Our rooms are spacious, elegantly designed, and equipped with all modern amenities t
RM 189
    RM 209
    RM 125
    RM 189
0.5 km from Hilton Kuching
Free parking
family room ( 2 double Bed)
RM 300
    RM 293
21.7 km from Hilton Kuching
View more hotels in Kuching
2,273 results
All reviews the river waterfront cafe the executive lounge bit dated chinese restaurant business trip buffet breakfast pleasant stay kuching waterfront sarawak laksa strategic location gym riverview renovation malaysia eateries
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 February 2024 via mobile

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel, and I must say the service has deteriorated. The room was well furnished and clean. The gym has new machines and is very large. The breakfast buffet offered lots of choices, and most of the staff are friendly and helpful.
The biggest change I could feel was the lack of organization and teamwork amongst the staff. Despite staying for 9 nights, I never saw a manager, or any team leader anywhere in the hotel.
One evening I dined in the lobby coffee shop with friends and the service was so poor, I repeatedly had to go to the counter to get more service. Dirty dishes and cutlery piled up and staff were nowhere to be found most of the time. I asked the front desk for the manager’s email as I wanted to provide feedback during my stay, and they did not have the information to share with me. They told me that they only had the generic email address. Overall, I like this hotel due to the location, and I hope they can provide the same level of quality as several years ago.

Room tip: I recommend the river view rooms and making use of the gym. The breakfast is good value for money. Plenty of parking available.
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank colbox
Adrian Teh, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2024

Dear colbox,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the facilities across the hotel and largely had a pleasant stay. On this occasion, please do I am disappointed to learn of the shortfalls in The Koffee and rest assured we have discussed this internally with our teams. As you had highlighted, our location to the Sarawak River and surrounding attractions is excellent and one that provides our guest with great convenience.

Should you have any further concerns, I would be keen to better understand how we might have been able to better cater to your needs. Please do feel free to contact me directly on email at adrian.teh@hilton.com.

On behalf of the team, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and personally look forward to hearing more about your experience with us.

Hilton Kuching

Reviewed 23 January 2024

Thank you to the team for a good stay at Hilton Kuching over the past weekend.

Compliments

I must compliment the team members who were excellent, very informative on my queries on buying certain items etc and provided efficient and professional service. This was not only to me but the comments from some of my friends who were also staying in the Hotel as we were all attending the same event .

My thanks and appreciation to Petros, Kristopher, Ivan, Steve, Bong and all the team in Concierge too . Outstanding and always made me feel “at home”. Also thanks to Chef Naz and I think it’s Vern who was on duty during evening cocktails. I enjoyed two lunches at Toh Yuen. Terry and his team looked after me well and the food was of high standard that Toh Yen is known for.

Compliments also to Karrie in Reservations who was very forthcoming in the emails and to Siti and team in Magic.

The newly renovated room was very comfortable and so was the view. Hopefully the remainder of the rooms and Lounge being renovated come on line soon.

Bed and pillows were good and comfortable resulting in good nights sleep.

Food and Beverage

Breakfast has a good choice of items.
In Toh Yuen, food has always and still is excellent and so is the service. Terry has always done an outstanding job and much appreciated.
Evening cocktails – the simple variety of items is good.

I have always found it a “home away from home” and over the many years I have stayed here the past decade it has always been great. Location is also good.

Please do pass my Compliments to the team members an mentioned and look forward to my next visit to Hilton Kuching.

Cheers.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Adrian Teh, General Manager at Hilton Kuching, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2024

Dear RONALD S,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hilton Kuching.

I'm delighted to learn that the team were able to provide you with an exceptional level of service during your stay and I will be sure to personally share your comments with them. Equally, so pleased that you enjoyed the room and most importantly had a comfortable stay with us.

On behalf of the team, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon for your next stay and should I be of any assistance prior to your next visit please do make contact.

Reviewed 7 January 2024 via mobile

Superb new year hospitality.
Arrive around noon.
Got the room on the 3rd floor as reno is still on going.

Corner suite has a dual view: living area with city view and bedroom with river view.
New refurb and refreshed!.
Super large LEDs.
Modern interior.

The exec lounge still under reno.
They let EFL benefits at the Koffee (free flow selected drinks from 8am to 10pm, eve happy hour 5-7pm).

Breakfast at the main coffee house is decent.
Relaxing ambiance.
Thank you for the special and infuse mee kolo during breakie.

Tried ala carte meal at the Koffee.
Cozy ambiance.
Food was good.

Thank you for the wagyu salmon buffet dinner invite.
Creative spread of wagyu and salmon based dishes.
Both signature were amazing, juicy and tender.
The dessert was to die for with macroons, baskin ice cream and mini cakes.

Also many thanks for the welcome sweet treats. The biscuit sticks were epic.

Superb culinary hospitality.
Thank you to FoM Nadia & her FO team, F&B Manager Liew, Exec Chef Alex, Sous Chef S Nazrin, Chef Gan, and F&B team (Elener, Joey, Emily, Jusnita, Fleek, Fenie).

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Shafiq_Ghazie

Dear Shafiq_Ghazie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a wonderful review of your most recent visit! We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay despite the ongoing renovation, as well as our teams' friendly services provided! We look forward to welcoming you again should your travels brings you back to Kuching in the future!

Reviewed 30 November 2023

-Save yourself the trouble, book a room facing the river (at a premium). There's a bar/zoo across the city view rooms called Jumanji where the loud bass and music goes on until 2am (was on level 4 and could feel the windows vibrate)

-Very questionable level of hygiene in a king suite room (stained bed sheets)

-Unpleasant breakfast staff who tried to deny me bringing a guest at breakfast (as a gold Hhonors member, i am able to bring an additional registered guest)

Room tip: Book the river facing rooms, unless you like party music until 2am
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Rory M

Dear RoryChan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I'm concern of your experience with our housekeeping services and your overall experience during breakfast. I would be keen to better understand how we might have been able to better cater to your needs. Please do feel free to contact me directly on email at adrian.teh@hilton.com.

Hilton Kuching

Reviewed 28 November 2023

Had a great experience from the start till the end of the stay. Staff were professional, friendly and always ready to lend a helping hand. Room was exceptionally clean and in-room dining service was great. Staff was attentive to my needs and absolutely no complaints at all. Although they said there might be some renovation noise going on as the hotel is under some works but I couldn't hear anything and had a good sleep.

Date of stay: November 2023
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Shamini N,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hilton Kuching.

We are most grateful for the wonderful review, and I'm delighted to learn that you had a wonderful experience during your stay at Hilton Kuching.

On behalf of the team, we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon and should your travels bring you back to Kuching, please do make contact with us.