Dear Brian F,
It is with much bewilderment that we read your very long review. Thank you for taking the time to write it.
As it is written point by point, we will reply point by point too.
1) Our reception counter top is black with specks of grey. We are sorry if you mistook that for dust.
It has been raining everyday for the past couple of weeks. This is the monsoon season.
Our ground floor area is tiled and is mopped at least 3 times a day.
Please accept our apologies but as we do not want to spook our guests by mopping behind everyone of them as they walk into the hotel from the rain outside, certain times there will be footprints on the tiles.
2) We are in the midst of re-painting the hotel.
3) Elizabeth Suite is on the attic floor. From the 2nd floor, private wooden stairs lead to the suites - Elizabeth Suite & Valerie Suite. We are not sure which part of Elizabeth Suite you found run-down.
Again, this is the monsoon season and it has been raining everyday.
The balcony flooring is wood. Please do accept our apologies for the wetness at the balcony.
4) Malaysia is a multi racial country.
The 5am prayers that you heard are Islam dawn prayers from the mosque nearby.
The bells that you heard are church bells from the Anglican Church nearby.
Your stay coincided with the annual Dragon Boat Race & Regatta dates.
There are lots of activities going on along the Waterfront during these 2 events.
We are situated along the Waterfront.
Tourists and locals flock here during this time for these events.
Everyone has fun checking out the Crafts Bazaar and the Food Bazaar.
We are sorry that all these made you upset.
5) Our Team always greeted both you and your partner with a smile. Your partner always had a beautiful smile for everyone of us and greeted everyone back.
When you checked in, our team carried your luggage to your room.
On your check-out day, you called our Front Office team (from your room) to tell them to prepare your bills immediately as you are checking out, which they immediately did so.
Had you asked for assistance with your luggage, they would have immediately gone to assist you.
When you came out of the elevator, the Front Office Team saw your partner with the luggage and ran to assist her.
We are not sure which part made you upset, but again, please accept our apologies.
Your partner came down for breakfast most of the time. Please accept our apologies if you did not like our breakfast , which is freshly cooked upon order.
6) You broke a glass in the room and you were charged for it. We are sorry but this is standard practice in all hotels.
7) Security Deposit is required from all guests upon check-in. This is standard practice in most hotels.
It is not a charge and the amount does not come to us.
It is held by the bank and is credited back to the credit card within 7-10 days from the check-out date.
We are very sad that you did not enjoy your stay with us. :-(
However, we are quite happy to note that at least you found our team at the bar OK. :-)
Thank you very much for staying with us. Please send our regards to your beautiful partner.
We wish you much happiness.