“Best Pie in Town”

Price range: US$2 - US$5
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

First dinning in. Loves the set up. Great place to relax and enjoy the jazz music. Staffs are friendly and fast service. Pie is always great with taste of its own and lots of variety. Thumbs up!!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We went to Jalan Song John's Pie, we ordered Chicken with mushroom, vegetarian mushroom and apple pies with coffee , the test was amazing, one must visit the place to test the pie, a good environment to sit with.

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

I frequent the cafe about once a month and its always a hit or miss on the selection of food. The spaghetti bolognese taste good but its always unavailable. The kitchen is operational on certain days which changes often. Sometimes the kitchen is off on Monday thus spaghetti, cooked food are not available. Certain time the kitchen's day off is Wednesday.... puzzling. Anyway if one is opting for just pie, its always available. Drinks also a hit and miss. Tried to order hot chocolate but was told there is none as they ran out of chocolate powder. My my......

1  Thank Elena S
JohnsPie, Owner at John's Pie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2016

Dear Elena,
First of all, we are sorry for your experience here. Thank you for your continues coming for our pies. Afterall we are a Pie shop.

Our kitchen is off on Wednesday (pasta/brunch kitchen) since April 2016. But November 2016 onward we decides this kitchen close after 6pm instead of 8pm. The off day of this kitchen remain Wednesday.
However we do serve baked lasagna chicken and beef, baked penne pasta. The Pies, Pastry and Sandwich is available all the time.

Regarding to the chocolate drink you order. I am sincerely apologize as our part time crew do not handle it well in dealing with situation. We will definitely bring this matter up during training. Please be patience with us and give us sometime. I believe the said ingredients available at store. I am sorry for this matter.

Do let me know if you drop by anytime, my number is 0168891693. We look forward to serve you again. Thank you.

Best Regards
John Sim.S.J

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Actually the above said of address has moved to Jalan Song. I like the vegetarian mushroom pie, very nice. Specially the ingredients are very fresh.

1  Thank AlfredLieu
JohnsPie, Manager at John's Pie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Good day,
Thank you for the kind feedback. Looking forward to serve you soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

I simply loved pies, we went to the outlet near Jalan Song,Kuching. This little cosy cafe is situated off the main road and surrounded by other cafes and restuarants. This is a nice place to have coffee during a hot afternoon but since the size is rather small and with its wooden tables and chairs, it does make the cafe look cosy. The settings of the huge menus on the wall with the prices made the guests comfortable to decide which menu. The arrangement of the display looks attractive too not forgetting the friendliness of the staffs. So far I have tried the chicken cheese pie which is my favourite which is priced at 6.00. I do love the apple pie with cranberries sauce but I find the crust too thick and hard as compared to the chicken pie crust which is much better. Black coffee comes in rather big cup

2  Thank JUDYLEE2003
JohnsPie, General Manager at John's Pie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Thank you for the feedback, we will look into your comment and make the necessary improvement. Have a great weekend.