We started our 2 weeks holidays in the resort and extended our original 3 days to 6 nights. We were staying in the cottage first and moved to the treehouse next.
We were here in February, which is still rainy, hence it was half empty. It would probably be less fun when crowded with people. We liked the restaurant- buffet style for breakfast and dinner but some people were complaining about limited choice, especially for dinner.
The cottages are fairly basic but can fit more people. It is in the forest hence very moist. The whole resort is very clean but given the humidity there is high level of degradation, especially for the cottages. The advantage is that you are closer to the nature as the animals come to the distant ones. The treehouse was unexpected and unique, there are some 12 of them ligned by the sea, some under reconstruction now. It is for 2 people but with one extra mattress we fit with 2 adults and 2 kids just fine.
Traveling with kids (7 and 10 years), I found this place amazing first hand rain forest experience. You are just in the forest at the same time by the sea, the beach is great.
We cancelled other trips and just stayed in the area, except for the trip to Seremenggoh Nature Reserve with Orangutans. We would have tried Bako Park by boat but that trip was unavailable due to rough sea. There is a nice short 2 km trail just around the resort, that takes about 1.5 hour (2 for us). We also took the evening trip to the mangroves, it was fun.
I read some of other reviews and I guess one should be realistic - you are in the middle of the forest so do not expect any luxury. No tv, wifi only in the restaurant. No alcohol.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Permai Rainforest Resort is an eco-resort set in pristine Borneo rainforest located by the beach at the foot of mystical Mount Santubong, Sarawak. Carefully designed to minimize impact on the natural environment, it offers a unique rainforest experience and a variety of activities from dolphin watching to high ropes courses and guided kayaking tours. Just 40 minutes from the Kuching, its an ideal way to experience Borneo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Permai Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Permai Rainforest Hotel Kuching
- Permai Rainforest Resort Kuching, Sarawak