Our family (two children ages 8 and 10yrs) stayed here for 4 nights and loved it! We were unable to stay in the trees houses as these are only for two so stayed in a single story cabin. The cabin had two rooms each with 3 single beds, shower, toilet and small lounge with fridge and kettle. Our taxi from central Kuching was only RM 58. The staff were all so lovely and more than happy to help in any way they could. Breakfast and dinner were included in our stay. Due to low on occupancy for the first two days, they did not run the buffet but just allowed us to choose from the menu. The food was basic but nice. The jungle walk was great to explore the bush and each night after dinner we walked along the paths of the resort with our torch to see what we could spot. In our 4 days we were lucky enough to see giant ants, a black scorpion, flying lemur, large owl, macaque and silver leaf monkeys, pit viper snake, chameleon, hermet crabs, horseshoe crabs, massive land crabs and bats. We paid to do the evening mangrove boat trip which was fabulous. We headed out at 5pm with our personal boatman and a guide who was awesome. He gave us a lot of insightful information along the way. We stopped to watch dolphins, looked for crocodiles but didn't see any due to the king tide, saw the proboscus monkeys, fireflies and a 150 year old fishing village. We were back by around 8pm. We would definitely recommend this trip to others. Our girls enjoyed playing at the two private beaches and just exploring. As others have said, if you are looking for luxury accommodation then this is not the place for you. If you want a real rainforest experience and to have wildlife at your back door, you will love it as much as we did. Well worth the visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Permai Rainforest Resort is an eco-resort set in pristine Borneo rainforest located by the beach at the foot of mystical Mount Santubong, Sarawak. Carefully designed to minimize impact on the natural environment, it offers a unique rainforest experience and a variety of activities from dolphin watching to high ropes courses and guided kayaking tours. Just 40 minutes from the Kuching, its an ideal way to experience Borneo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Permai Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Permai Rainforest Hotel Kuching
- Permai Rainforest Resort Kuching, Sarawak