“Good Food but not comfort seating ”

Uroko Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #373 of 1,768 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

I went for the new outlet, Nova Saujana Subang. Food are good and fresh. But the only disappointment is the spotlight design and sofa seats. Spotlight lighting definitely hard to take a good shot. Avoid sitting on sofa seating as the sofa is way too soft and not suitable for dining at all. Imagine you are sitting lower than table height once I seated on sofa.

Love the soft shell crab salad as starter. And not to mentioned, the Sashimi is so fresh and yummy.

New try on the Hot Pot with Wagyu beef and cold soba.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 16 October 2018

I have to agree to previous comment that the old Chinese chef is horrible. Can’t imagine such a rude sushi chef. The Restaurant is not very flexible. I didn’t bother to try the food as I walk out after hearing the chef rude comment.
I came in with my friends as we wanted to have some yakitori and sushi. So we brought our own sake since my friend check on the website that there is no corkage.. but the server inform us later that there is a corkage for sake. Only wines have no corkage. So we decided to negotiate with the server that probably there is error in their website that didn’t clearly stated the corkage limitation. To my surprise the old Chinese chef says “U DIDN’T ASK when u see no corkage in the website”. Ask who??? Ask the website??? As an old senior chef, instead of making the customers happy, he is chasing away his customers and pontential customers.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Great place in Phileo Damansara, very nice restaurant , with nice vibe and deco, The design is contemporary and cozy from my point of view just a bit dark in some tables but in general a really good place for dinners with friends or couples ,
The food was really good , portions are ok , we had a excellent salmon salad that caught my palate as well as some rolls and yakitori ,
The service in general is good , friendly

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018

A local friend took my husband and me to Uroko, and it quickly soared to one of our top sushi experiences of all time. It was so good that we snuck back the next night for a second dinner there!

That said, when I checked out the Trip Advisor reviews, I was a bit surprised to see so many subpar ones. I realized, however, that there are two locations, and it appears that many of the complaints were at the Section 17 address.

We ate at the Nova Saujana location, and couldn't have been more pleased with the service and with the food. The second evening, we even arrived without a reservation (certainly risky in KL), yet they couldn't have been more accommodating in getting us a nice table.

I realize our exceptional first night was surely helped by being there with a local who knew what to order. However, if you're debating whether to go to Uroko, I say definitely give it a try, but go to Nova Saujana to improve your chances of a wonderful experience.

P.S. You can bring your own wine, and there's NO corking fee!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018

My husband and I decided to have a Japanese meal and since he had tried it the week before he wanted me to try it too. We were there kind of late. The restaurant was full so we were ushered to our bar stool high seats. We were told we would be moved once the tables were free. Our green tea arrived soon enough but the wait for the food was too long. Perhaps a pickle or two like they do serve at other restaurants would have kept us busy. It sure was a long wait before our food arrived. I guess they must have been busy although by the time we received our meals most of the tables were free. We were not moved to a more comfortable table. It is good to honour your word when you tell your customer that we would be moved once a table is free.

Date of visit: August 2018