“Good Place to Go Green (Curry)”
Review of My Elephant

My Elephant
Ranked #171 of 1,523 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2017

The best thing about this place was the signature Green Curry dish which was absolutely delicious! A must try if you're dining at this establishment.

My Elephant is a good alternative to the pricer Absolute Thai restaurant for a good Thai meal, although some dishes were definitely better than others. Aside from the Green Curry, the Sweet & Sour Tofu was another delicious dish sampled.

Ambience wise, I was a little disappointed with the location. It looked alright when I Googled it, but upon arrival, it was actually located within an apartment area which can be confusing if you're unfamiliar with the location and don't expect it to be there. The security guard house in the front would be your hint that you're in the right location. The inside was not too bad, rather quiet on the night.

The food was served quickly, and the it's a more affordable alternative to the pricier Absolute Thai restaurant.

*Note: The inside is not the most spacious, so it isn't exactly as handicap friendly as it could be, although it is doable.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Didnt quite like the location. Ambience quite nice. I was there on a Saturday evening so there was a good crowd. Food - some nice, some not quite up to my taste. Mieng Kam was ok. Green curry beef was nice. Steamed bass with lime and chillies was bland. Not tasty enough, only could taste more lime than anything. Kangkung okay. Lemongrass chicken was nice. Red rubies not that nice, the jackfruit was too riped.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I used to eat here frequently with my husband until their food quality dropped about 1 year ago. Came here unwillingly as my family member wanted to eat here for lunch.

Ordered the green curry chicken set lunch which is supposed to be the safest choice one could choose at a Thai restaurant. It was horrible. It tasted heavily of santan and the chicken was dry and tasteless. Almost like they just boiled pieces of chicken breasts and dumped it into the re-heated green curry which only consisted of a few long beans and nothing else. The pandan drink that came with the lunch set was very diluted (I have ordered a la carte before and it was refreshinng and flavourful) and tasted almost like water. The slice of watermelon looked dry as if it had been cut long before lunch, I didn't touch it.

We also ordered a kangkung belacan (a la carte) to supplement our meal. It was very salty. It was so salty that even eating a strand of vegetable with a spoonful of rice didn't help. We didn't finish the dish.

This place used to have a queue during lunch hour but today the restaurant was only a quarter filled.

Overall the most unpleasant experience and I would not come back ever again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We've enjoyed the set lunch here but especially the special pandan drink. We always find that the pandan drink is the highlight. This place gets busy at lunchtime and people drive all the way just to eat here so come early to get a car spot. Mainly working crowd who frequent this place during weekday lunchtime. We've enjoyed the laksa here in the past as they used a very specific noodle however when we tried it recently, they have changed the noodle type. Laksa still tasted good.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Atmosphere: comfy, clean & tidy
Service: Sometime slow & staffs not proactive
Food: Quality slipped a fair mile. Rate it 6/10

Suggest to take set lunch..comes with non-refillable pandan quencher & piece of fruit A la carte dish portions on the small side.