“Most expensive nasi lemak ever!”

Village Park Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 1,943 Restaurants in Petaling Jaya
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The moment I stepped in the restaurant, I felt so stress. Tables and everywhere are dirty. Hard to find a place to sit. When we finally got a place to sit, we have to wait so long to place an order. And another round of waiting for the food. I don't mind all the waiting if the food is to die for but this is just so-so nasi lemak. Any local nasi lemak at my neighbourhood taste better than this. Nothing special about it except EXPENSIVE. Water spinach (kangkong) & ladyfingers (bendi) were terribly oily; totally cannot see the gravy when I lifted up the veggies - it's only oil at the bottom. 5 pax total bill RM107. Not worth the price, stress and time!!!

1  Thank sherynnosl

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I've been to this restaurant twice, and it hasn't disappointed. The nasi lemak is a MUST TRY, with its crispy yet not oily chicken, which is tender on the inside, but crunchy on the outside. The sambal is delicious, with a well balanced spice to sweet ratio. The rice has been steamed to perfection, and the ikan billis (anchovies) along with the peanuts and additional fried batter add that delicious crunch to the beautiful texture of the rice. I also tried the assam laksa, which was great, throwing in both sweet, sour and spicy flavours into a colourful display of fireworks in your mouth.

For drinks, try out the Champ Tarik, which is a concoction blending the flavours of coffee and tea, and pure deliciousness. The young coconut is also a great addition, if you need something to cool off after the spiciness of the sambal.

This place is a must go, if you're in the Petaling Jaya area, however, you might take awhile to get a seat. Go earlier in the morning (~ 9am), if you want to be quickly seated and fed!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Friend brought us here...their signature dish is the nasi leak with chicken and sambal

The sambal is simply delicious. My friend who doesn't take much rice, ordered an extra plate of rice just so the sandal doesn't go to waste.

It's simply delicious.

Parking is a problem though and its very busy during office lunch hours

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Delicious meals, Nice & comfort place, Valuable for money..but staff's (foreigner) are not friendly.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I was told by my colleagues that Dr M dined here. The nasi lemak is very reasonably priced and delicious. I had to takeaway one chicken wing after my meal!

Date of visit: November 2016