AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort
Sri Packers Hotel(Sepang)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$30
US$29
US$139
  • Pool
Moon Eleven near LCCT and KLIA(Sepang)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
3,694 results
All reviewsfamily villabila bila restaurantinfinity poolbedroom villahai sang louperahu restaurantkids clubsepoi sepoichinese restaurantfree bicyclesextreme parkfire showrelaxing holidayprivate beachsmiley beachsunset viewshort getaway
Reviewed 5 September 2017

They had beautiful rooms, with wind blowing through the balcony 24/7. I really enjoyed that. The entire property is very impressive and relaxing. I appreciate that they organise a lot of activities for their guests. I also liked how they had free bicycles everywhere to use through their properties and buggy service was very frequent.

Things I didn't like:
1) The staff were definitely not courteous enough. This is a beach resort, courteous and smiling staff are mandatory. No one smiles, no one is ready to help. And half their own staff isn't even aware of where hotel activities are happening. I even asked one staff to show me their banquets because my family is planning for a beach wedding next year & he said he's busy arranging buggies, but he couldn't even find someone else to show me around, he asked me to just go & see on my own. I come back & ask the receptionist about the hall capacity & he doesn't know! Not my loss. In every buggy, the driver will have another staff next to him and they'll be chatting away loudly, how can they not know it is rude. Even the guests keep quiet while riding the buggy in order to be polite to fellow guest.
2) There's a huge spread for breakfast. They say it's till 10:30 am. But half the trays are empty after 9:15. And nobody cares to refill them. When I told one of their waiters, he listened, just smiled & went abt his work! For a resort charging rm850 per night they definitely ARE NOT upto that standard. If you want to charge that much, the service has to be upto that level. I had complained as politely as I could to the restaurant manager & he assured me it won't happen again, next day morning was the same story!
3) The swimming pool is too small for such a large property. It's completely crowded throughout the day. You can't even complete one lap.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
1  Thank Aslina A
ErwinV, General Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Aslina A,

Thank you very much for your review, though as per your rating we certainly have not been able to meet your expectations during your stay, on behalf of the Management and Team of the Resort I would like to apologize for any mentioned lapses of service / product during your visit and in particular we will address the knowledge and service orientation of some of the team.

Rest assured that our focus will be to review and amend any areas of concern, in an effort to improve, hoping through this to receive better ratings going forward for any visit from yourself or any other guest.

I warmly welcome you to contact me should your travels bring you back close to our hotel, so we can see if through personalized attention to that stay, you will get a new and better impression of our resort.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

** 50-min check in **
We came here during the long Merdeka holidays. We knew there will be lots of people considering the long weekend but was surprised there was only 3 people manning the check-in.
Isn't this a 5-star resort and guests paid extra for peak period? Management should have known this upfront and allocated more staff.

One suggestion is to have a couple of servers providing drinks to those waiting in the long snaking line.

** Breakfast **
Decent spread of Asian and Western but the table we were allocated were full of ants and flies hovering around. Not such a good start to the day for the guests.

** Room **
Pretty good and comfortable. Not much lighting but I guess that's the ambience the resort have in mind. Only beef here was we were provided shampoo and body lotion but no body shower gel - not sure if we were meant to use the bar soap instead...

** Amenities **
Big no-no was the parking space. Limited parking within the compound and guests had to park outside (beyond the guardhouse and at the public beach area).

Plus point was the available free bicycles for guests to move around - great idea and a fun way to move around.

Pool and fitness centre kinda small to fit the entire resort, probably not the main focus here since it's a beach resort with the available water activities.

** Service **
Despite the chaotic scene and apparent lack of staff, they were courteous - kudos to them. If it weren't of them, rating will be lower.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
ErwinV, General Manager at AVANI Sepang Goldcoast Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Rui Jian N,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay, though your rating is below our desires, rest assured we will address issues that are within our control for improvement. Due to the over-water character of the resort parking is limited available on-site, yet the resort has a large overflow carpark with more than sufficient spaces available, and a shuttle van to pick and drop guests utilizing this facility which is located roughly 400 meters from the hotel entrance.

I will certainly share your kind feedback towards the team to them as positive encouragement for their efforts made.

Receiving constructive feedback helps us a lot, and as such, aside from forwarding any positive comments to the team for encouragement, we will certainly have a look at areas of concern in a positive manner.

We do hope you will visit us again to witness some of these improvements, hopefully leading to a 4 or even 5 star review upon such time.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for personalized assistance to make this happen.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

From the hotel room to the breakfast area... It's houseflies, houseflies and more houseflies!~~~~ Be prepared when you go.

AvaniSpa, however, is excellent. The masseurs offer very good massage. I would like to thank Dee for the very good massage experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear TravelMadder,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay, though your rating is below our desires, rest assured we will address issues that are within our control for improvement. We will continue to work with our pest management contractor to discover and implement new and additional ways to address the (ad hoc and temporary) inconvenience of flies in this rural area..

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We booked 3 villas. Spent 4 days of the worst 5star resort we ever had. I am platinum GHA member.

Front desk refused my staffs to check in even with authorisation letter received by the resort and acknowledged weeks ago. I need to make several calls to resolved it.

Check in 30th Aug , 2 room villa was dirty and old and Aircond is not working. At 2am , room having funny electrical sound , checked for 1 hour , even technician couldn't find the source and happened before. The technician requested us to change the room at 3:30am.

During check out , waited approximately 35minutes for my turn . When it reaches me Ranga took along time to calculate my bill, but she was the one calculated it during my check in. She were very impatient and no smile at all and keep saying problem with my bill. She charged my card without showing me the final bill. Obviously I need to check for what I paid , she went to the room behind the counter and disappeared for another at least 36 minutes , I was still waiting . Suddenly she appeared very rudely showing face as if I caused her to do extra work. Never apologise even we all waited for such a long time, fold the receipt very rudely.

Then I request to seek clarification from duty manager mr sizurin. When he appeared he does not care to hear my concern but start to give his reasonsss about billing problems and IT problem. I have explained to him if you need to take a long time 35 minutes to print a receipt why don't your staff just explain this and send to me later , why need to make us wait for more than 35 minutes. He still repeating himself like a tape recorder and saying that I am giving him problems. He challenged me to report this to higher authorities and complaints this in other channels. Since he is suggesting this to me so I am writing this here now. When I asked sizurin to put me in touch with the the general manager Mr Erwin, he told me to use my own phone or from the call canter to call him he will not call Erwin. But can a duty manager behave like this? Asking client to make our own call yet he knows Erwin is around. Later on he asked his colleagues front office manager to discuss with me still the same he repeatedly saying the same thing as sizurin without wanting to understand is not about the billing that i was upset. And the funny part is the front office manager said to me that avani will offer me a drink as compensation!!! Thanks !!! I am not after a drink. I still insist that I need to speak to Erwin.

So Erwin came ,he was a lot different from the rest , he try to hear me out and understand the situation. He promised to revert to me in the next 2days. I will update the outcome of investigation here.

P/s: I am recording my experience here as suggested by Sizurin. All in all the matter could have resolved in 10minutes if front liner humble themselves to hear customer feedback.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank AndrewChong381

Dear Monkey381,

Though obviously I would have wished to meet under different circumstances, I was happy to have had the opportunity to meet with you, hear you out in person, and ensure your feedbacks were well noted, and will be reviewed within the management team for improvement.

As discussed, recent changes in taxes have caused some hickups in our systems, but as equally discussed with your good self I believe more clear communication and attentiveness could have made the experience much better.

I apologize once again and will revert back further off-line.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

First time staying at Avani Sepang Goldcoast Resort. Love the environment. Great location and nice place for family trip. The hotel staffs are very friendly. I will definitely come back to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels

Dear sufungt,

Thank you very much for your positive review following your stay, I was happy to read you rated us well!

Rest assured that all positive feedback will be shared with the team for their encouragement.

We look forward to welcoming you back in due time, and our aim upon such time will be to elevate your experience to the next, 5-star rating level.