“Still WAY to improve” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Subang Jaya
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Still WAY to improve”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at Cubic Double for just 1Night.

Check in: Fast and simple.

Room: Looks a bit old, can see stains on the wall and dust on the table. Seems like housekeeping didnt do cleaning properly. No mineral water, no toothbrush and toothpaste so please prepare it by yourselves.

Location: I will say it is only convenient for those with own transport. Please take note parking is not free even you are hotel guest.

Overall this is just a very simple hotel, suitable for short stay only.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RuemzManager, Director of Sales at Ruemz Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Carmen Gan,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Ruemz Hotel. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

In regards to the room not having a water bottle, we have decided to go with a more environmental approach whereby we provide all guests with flasks in the room which can be refilled at the water dispensers at each floor. The usage of plastic bottles is thus cut down and I apologize if this may have caused you any sort of inconvenience.

As for the poor housekeeping of the room, I am sincerely sorry for your less than perfect experience with us and whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do with all sincerity. This level of service is certainly not acceptable and will be addressed with the concerned party.

We have also added a note in your guest profile to ensure that this negative outcome does not happen to you again in the future. I am pleased to announce that we are in the midst of a refurbishment of all room categories, and will ensure that the rooms are in a better state than the last you encountered.

If you would like to contact me to further discuss this matter, please do drop me an email at navin.jayendran@taylors.edu.my or you may contact me at 03-56320480.
Again, I am regretably sorry for your poor experience and hope this has not put you off to staying with us again.

Navin J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2016

If you are on a stopover in Kuala Lumpur around PJ or SJ, this is a good place. For the price it offered, I can't complain too much. The other thing I like about it is that it is safe, since it is located inside Taylor's University and there were proper parking lots.

Internet is good but the reception has to activate it. In my case, the reception didn't activate mine and I have to ask (fortunately).

The hotel is located next to a serviced residence. So be sure not to enter the wrong door. Even the people around there are not sure. There are eateries around to cater to the students but they do not open till very late nor from every early. There was a 7-Eleven though.

The place is only suitable for people with their own transportation or no problem obtaining it.

• Stayed December 2016, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RuemzManager, Director of Sales at Ruemz Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2017
Dear Narahda,

Thank you for your comments, we are grateful to hear that you feel safe while staying here at Ruemz Hotel and that it is reasonably priced.
We are however sorry if our staff had forgotten to activate your internet access, we’re normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark. If you would like to discuss this further, you may contact myself (Navin) at navin.jayendran@taylors.edu.my or give me a call at 03-56320480.
All things aside, we do hope for you to come back and visit us again sometime soon.
Thanks and have a great day !
Navin

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2016

I've stayed at Ruemz twice now, and both times I've felt completely at home. The staff hospitality is great and if you have business to do with Taylor's Uni - as I did - then the location is phenomenal. Additional things that I appreciated: the fact that you are away from the hustle and bustle of K.L city, and you have the quiet lakeside next door which attracts birds and other wildlife. These factors add a natural element to an otherwise urban setting. Staying at Ruemz guarantees a pleasant stay in Malaysia.

• Stayed November 2016, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RuemzManager, Director of Sales at Ruemz Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2016
Dear Mr. Remington C,

Thank you for your wonderful review, it has been a real delight having you stay with us.
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as the serenity of the lake, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Navin J - Sales Manager
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2016

Friendly Staff and good facilities. I like the environment around there, got many flora and a big beautiful lake. Different varieties food restaurant. Easy to get transportation. Cool enough the air condition. Clean toilet.

• Stayed October 2016, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank mynameisgod1225
RuemzManager, Director of Sales at Ruemz Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2016
Dear mynameisgod1225,

Thank you for your feedback, we are extremely glad that you had a good stay with us and we look forward to your return.

Sales Manager, Navin Jayendran
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2016

Very good service , receptionist have a beautiful smile and check in very fast. I will come back again for the future stay. Very good location to enjoy the peaceful moment and convenience to Sunway Pyramid.

Room Tip: Best lake view