“WARNING: Check purchases BEFORE PAYING”
Review of Meeples Cafe

Meeples Cafe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“WARNING: Check purchases BEFORE PAYING”
Reviewed 1 August 2015

Very bad customer service. They will NOT process a refund on the spot if there is a defect in the purchase. Insisted that I email their supervisor who is not onsite.

Also outright lied about their supervisor coming in "soon" if i wanted the refund on the spot. Waited 45 mins then was rudely told that he was not coming and that it is somehow my fault for wanting to speak to supervisor. No care, no remorse from staff.

Ruined my niece's birthday present since I could not get 1 to 1 exchange of the defective product on spot which they even showed me they had in stock.

Highly recommend avoiding.

Visited July 2015
4 Thank Joelim2020
LogCheng, Owner at Meeples Cafe, responded to this review, 3 August 2015
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the effort to put down this review.

I've been suitably informed about your case. Although we believe that this incident is perfectly avoidable if you follow the proper exchange procedure (as we comprehensibly advised upon your phone call, before your unnecessary visit), it was still regretful that the board game couldn't reach your niece on time.

Please also note that bodily assault, shouting or forcing for the person-in-charge will not change our standard procedure for exchange & refund. I would still advise you to lodge a formal email report if you meet me in person. And again, I need to highlight that the 45 minutes wait is unnecessary if you follow the proper procedure & we could have solve your issue within minutes if you lodge the email report.

Anyhow, we're pleased to receive your apology email subsequently & glad that we're able to assist you in solving your issue (within 30 minutes after your formal email report). :)

Regards,
LogCheng

Selangor, Malaysia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Something to do out of the ordinary”
Reviewed 20 May 2015

You do not need to be a board game geek to be here. All you need is a bunch of friends with sometime to kill. The selection of European boardgames here is extraordinarily huge, there will be eventually something for everyone. Bid farewell to your usual hangout activities and come play some boardgames for a change.

Visited April 2015
1 Thank TheChoobs
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Surprisingly fun- but get your food elsewhere.”
Reviewed 6 February 2015

Dropped by for the first time despite having studied/worked in the Subang area for around 10 years (I'm not sure if they were there the whole time, but hey who's keeping track).

The staff are great and know their stuff- I'm the kind of person who plays a round of poker and forgets the rules immediately after. I'm amazed that they can remember the rules to so many games, and are also able to teach newbies clearly.

It's a fun place to go with friends, and the price isn't too steep (RM6 per hour as of Jan 2015, RM4 for members). If you're feeling peckish, you're better off having a meal elsewhere though- their menu is rather limited and uninspiring, though to be fair, that's not the main focus. As a comparison, who goes to a maid cafe for the food?

Visited January 2015
2 Thank Levin L
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Come here for boardgames!”
Reviewed 4 February 2015 via mobile

This cafe is not the kind for you to sip coffee and bite into cakes but an outlet for you to learn new boardgames from the staffs here or play boardgames with friends. It's also a great venue to meet new friends if you participate in their free boardgame events which are hosted regularly monthly via the Meetup app or website. You can also purchase boardgames or card sleeves here, prices will be cheaper if you're a member.

4 Thank Sze Y
Johor, Malaysia
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great place. Wish I was local and could take some friends.”
Reviewed 6 December 2014

Perhaps not a place you might just turn up on your own (perhaps they might do more to encourage this), but the staff were friendly and mostly quite knowledgeable. The store on the third floor was excellent, and the games at a really good price (mostly cheaper than in the UK). They had a great selection, but lacked just a few quite common/ popular games I was looking for, but the staff made some good suggestions as substitutes. They also said that they would get some in stock if I ordered ahead.
Finally, the membership was well worth the price. Membership was $70 to sign up for a year, and then $30 to renew. It included free hours playing in the cafe (which sadly I will not be using since I am not local), but also 10% off any games under 200RM and 20% off for those 200RM or more. Buying two games just under 200RM, I saved 10% and a total of about 35RM. Since I plan to order more online, and for the next couple of years, this has got to be good value.
I will have to visit KL with some friends.

Visited December 2014