we went to Mauritius in May, rented a car with Jose at Exodus and would highly recommend him, very good value and helpfull man. we collected the car at the airport and headed off to Emeraude along the beautiful coastline of Mauritius with some very quaint and enchanting villages along the way.
when we arrived at the hotel we received a very warm and frienly welcome, with a very refreshing ice tea and cold towel to cool down, once we checked in straight away we were offered lunch even though we missed the buffet ... we got a couple of very nice tuna bagguets with chips .. just what we needed thanks Jimmy!!
Once we finished we were taken to our room, and as soon as the doors slid open we were very pleased to find that the room looks exactly as the pictures, very clean confortable and fresh feel about the place made as feel right at home, the shower is great there is a safe in the room, tv ,mini bar and tea and coffee making facilities. We had a slight problem with the shower the first night but they were very accomodating letting us use another room and given the choice to stay there the night, imediatelly fixed first thing in the morning, they seam to be on top of everything, and maintain the complex to its best potencial.
the restaurant was fine, they have a different theme every night, indian, chinesse, italian, mauritian etc... it was mainly good but not great , the best was definatelly the curries other that that it was a bit bland for us maybe a bit samey too would give it around 3 out of 5, would recommed the hotel to offer a bit more choice,
the staff were all great Serita took very good care of us and a exceptional and friendly lady! Mike and Kavi also made our stay a very plesent and memorable one.... we would also like to say thank you to Sammy the bar man and Jerry the very talented entertainer all of whom made us want to stay in mauritius and not return to the uk. Challenge Jerry to ping pong to become champion! :o)
Fantastic beach just across the road from the hotel and a little village 10 mins down the road with a few shops and couple suppermarkets for essentials if needed...
... we had the glass bottom boat trip that we enjoyed... but one of the best days we had was on the trip to ille cerf island very beautiful and enjoyable day where we did parasailing and also had a trip to the water fall but overall a true paradise!
plenty of things to do in Mauritius as we had the car we had a couple of days touring the island and found the north very pleasent a bit more commercial if you like it a bit more livelly, but the one place i would say to go would be flic and flac beach on the east of the island, there is a good market there too in qatre bornes so a nice day out.
ps:take very strong mosquito repelant, and rubber beach shoes many sea earchings there!
would also be very carefull when booking as they have two forms of all inclusive, the emeraude inclusive will exclude most drinks and limit you as to when you can drink,(ie:one glass of wine with dinner other than that only beer) also you will miss out on the mini bar in the room .and the complimentary boat trip to ille cerf unless you pay for it.
overall this holiday was definatelly one of the best we have had, the people were very friendly the place is very exotic and beautiful the hotel was great good location too, and would definatelly go back
Thanks for a wonderful stay
Adam & Vicky
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emeraude Beach Attitude faces one of the island's most beautiful beaches, Belle Mare beach, with its kilometres of white sand, turquoise and emerald lagoon running along the east coast. Holidays are spent swimming and diving in a turquoise sea, without forgetting the magic of the glass bottom boat trips. To that genuinely Mauritian seaside holiday experience, the two bonuses offered are the beach attendance with Coco and his typically Mauritian beach cart, and the serenity of the Spa Attitude.Wood, stone and thatch are widely used in decoration and architecture. Built in the middle of a lush green garden, the four room bungalows totaling 61 rooms are decorated with refined taste and creativity. Of small capacity, friendly and charming, this 3 star hotel, together with its family members with their typical Mauritian expertise, reminds one of the old days' gentle way of life. Its innovative package "Emeraude Plus" is ideal to enjoy unrestrainedly, as a couple or a family, a seaside holiday in such an exclusive spot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emeraude Beach Attitude reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emeraude Beach Attitude Hotel Belle Mare
- Emeraude Hotel Belle Mare
- Emeraude Beach Attitude Mauritius/Belle Mare