Hansa Hotel(Swakopmund)
Orbitz.com
US$155
US$147
Cancelon
Hotel Deutsches Haus(Swakopmund)(Great Value!)
US$70
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$259
US$252
Sam's Giardino(Swakopmund)
Meike's Guesthouse(Swakopmund)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 December 2015

This little hotel is in a quiet area and the owner is a very nice lady who is very helpful. Rooms are basic, clean and quite comfortable. There is a nice pool in the backyard if it is warm enough to swim. There is a common sitting area as well. The main advantage of the place is its secure parking in inside courtyard.

The breakfast is included in the price and is a very good breakfast.

We booked the room for two days, but we had leave after one day because there was no access to Internet due to some problem and we needed to be connected for our work. We felt bad about packing and leaving because of that, but unfortunately we had no choice. The lady was so very understanding of our situation and even offered us to keep the car parked in the courtyard until our next accommodation was ready. We appreciated her kindness greatly.

We will definitely come back here and wish that Telecom will clean up their act and fix the nice lady's Internet connection.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SunnyW358
Reviewed 19 November 2015

With economical prices, on-site parking, clean quiet, and very conveniently located, this is a great B&B, as long as TV in the room is not an important issue for you. Current prices are shown on its website.

Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 29 September 2015

We visted this place as a family of three children aged 21, 18 and 6 plus my wife and I. I found that the breakfast was very generous and the receptionist lady kind. The rooms are good, not excellent but good and clean. There is no heating, so it can get cold; make sure you make use of the provided extra blankets.
It has very good secure parking for your vehicle; though from my observations if you have a full house, there may not be sufficient room to park your car inside the premises. But then again, in Swakopmund most people park cars on the street.

The other thing is that it has a good small pool if you are afraid of the cold Atlantic ocean!!! It is a good place to explore the surroundings.

Room Tip: There are no views from here...all the rooms are within the enclosure
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Helix-Canopus
Reviewed 12 September 2015

Hotel Pension d'Avignon is a budget pension in Swakopmund.

You will see that I have stayed at and reviewed one or two others as well.

As always I have to point out that I always review a place within its price class, as it is certainly unfair to compare a budget place with a luxury place.

I found this place to be perfectly fine within its class.

My room was nice and big. It was clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was fine. Quite a fair buffet which is filling enough and included boiled eggs. If you wanted fried eggs and bacon their is a small extra charge, about one US $. The room price included the buffet breakfast, so this was very good value.

They have the Namibian telecom wifi, which means one has to buy the scratchcards.
Well, it is a budget place, so not a problem. At least they have wifi.

The staff was friendly and no problems in that regard. I noted that some other reviewers had issues with staff, well I had none.

I will most certainly stay here again.

This place is better than the backpacker places I have stayed in at Swakop.

So, good value, no frills. Great for a night or 2 in Swakop as a one star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Johnny084
Reviewed 18 July 2015

Well looked after small hotel in the heart of the historic part of Swakopmund. Shares some of the history and feeling of Swakopmund but has all a modern traveler requires. Rooms are simple but like the whole place are spotless and well cared for.

Breakfasts are European style but for a small additional fee bacon and eggs can be added.

Off street parking is safe and secure and very useful for those traveling self-supported through Namibia.

Good value for money.