All reviews guest house sea view across the road walking distance raft guesthouse lounge flamingos bay pity promenade
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

But we were ripped off during check out. On the day we arrived, after a long dusty ride, my wife and I ordered a tea and a coffee. Today my wife checked out, and had to pay 200 dollars, which I just found out.. No receipt whatsoever. A Total rip off. I m not amused by this. This is actually the first time we were ripped off in Namibia.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018

After days of sleeping in a tent, the room was a pleasant change. That is why we rated the place "very good". We got the requested room with Seaview. It was rather basic but we were so pleased of having our own facilities. Breakfast was ok. Pity that we could not use the laundry service. They had a big group and therefore no time. Parking place offered by the hotel. Nice restaurants only 5 minutes walk.

Room tip: Room 5 with sea view and balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2018

The Oyster Box rooms were clean and comfortable, but had no phone or door peephole. The ground floor rooms open onto the promenade (although the cars are carefully locked away). I had my own room and felt a little insecure. The breakfast was fair but opted for dinner the first night after a long drive. Big mistake. The choices all had that “warmed up out of the box” feel. No veggie alternative so I ended up with spaghetti with, in essence, ketchup. Not even warm. The hotel looks right out over the bay and the morning mist with all the flamingos already out treading water was super.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Great location, very pleasant rooms. Breakfast OK but avoid eating there in the evening. This very pleasant place is perfectly located for views of the lagoon and the flamingos. It does not have a restaurant but serves a decent breakfast. They offered us an evening meal which after a long drive from Windhoek we mistakenly accepted. Much better would have been to walk the few yards to the nearby Raft restaurant.

Staff were very polite, friendly and efficient. They helped us find a boat trip around the lagoon.

Room tip: ask for a room with a lagoon view
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We spent one night in Walvis Bay and stayed at the Oysterbox. The view was lovely and the rooms had the basics. There was no tea or coffee station in the room and the DSTV had the basic restaurant package of 5 channels. We requested a partial sea-facing room but it was located under the stairs with no sea view and was very damp. Given the rates we paid, the units didn’t meet the market-related standards.

Trip type: Travelled on business