See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Had a splendid stay.... everyfin and everyone seem superb.. the rooms were very clean.... d buffet was quite tasty and very cheap... i love d little pool... d 24hrs security also was quite reassuring.. i jst had a good time and i slept like it was home

Room Tip: Awesome rooms....
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Good hotel accommodation in Port Harcourt is at a premium and unless you have the good fortune (and expense account) to stay at one of the more salubrious hotels – Le Meridian, Novotel - you have to plumb for the local lodgings. I have stayed at a couple and one of them was the Claridon. The reception staff are amiable, helpful and friendly enough. There is a small pool in the centre of the block and a small bar adjacent to it and which is situated within the hotels only restaurant. The hotel stands on a main road (can’t remember the name) and is gated with 24 hour security. There is free wifi internet and all rooms have TV’s. I have to say that the TV’s are really very small and TV reception when I was there was very poor.
The rooms? Well, what can I say other than you couldn’t swing the proverbial cat in them. Just enough room to negotiate yourself along the sides and end but not enough room to wheel a trolley case between. I was informed, however, that it is the smoking rooms that are small !!! The food in the hotel isn’t all that appetizing and it all seemed to be very cold. I stayed at the Claridon for one night and then high tailed it to the Genesis Place where I could swing my cat!

Room Tip: Get a non-smoking room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Manwithplan
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed at the hotel for one night during a business trip to Port Harcourt, as this was my first time in Nigeria I did some research on the Internet prior to leaving Norway. And as I didn't book the hotel myself I didn't know where I was going to stay, so I didn't expect much... But this hotel made my first night in Nigeria a pleasant night.

Staff was friendly and room was spacious, with a big bed, television and a small desk.

The room could have been cleaned better, but it was not too bad.

It's a very quiet hotel, as it's surrounded by a big fence/wall which eliminates the noises from the roads outside. No problem to get a good night sleep in this hotel! Except for when the air condition turns off due to power failures (obviously not the hotels fault...)

The hotel is patrolled by guards, combined with a big wall around the entire hotel this makes it a safe place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business