“Good value, excellent grilled calamari”
Review of Taverna Kyclades

Taverna Kyclades
Ranked #3 of 638 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2016

I've been here several times. It is very popular. Inside can be very loud. It is more pleasant outside if you can get a table there. There isn't a big difference between lunch and dinner prices; the dinner portions are larger. Overall, the portions are generous. A single entree (for me, grilled calamari) with the included side dish (lemon potatoes, rice or horta, a very tasty green vegetable), bread and unexpected free desert is way too much food to finish so for $16.95 I get two dinners. It is an excellent value but it wouldn't matter if the food weren't good but it is, hence its long-term popularity. I remember going there for lunch many years ago, before they expanded and before it was well-known. My wife wanted to know how they made the lemon potatoes and the chef took the time to show her and give her a bag of seasoning for free. I've never forgotten that small kindness. I've never had a problem with the service.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Basic fresh delicious authentic Greek food
The fish is fresh and exquisite
Must go restaurant.
Always packed

Reviewed 18 July 2016

I love the food here. Its always so good. Only problem is the wait to be seated plus our waiter forgot to put our order in so it took forever to get our meal thanks to he delicious grilled octopus it wasn't a problem. Enjoy!

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

This is a great seafood Greece restaurant.
Food is fresh, tasty and esthetically served.
Service is good and efficient. It is an excellent place which I highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

A family favorite..coming here for years ... Absolutely delicious fresh Greek food can't get better than this! Be prepared to wait ....there is always a line...however, it's definitely worth waiting... Unfortunately, no coffee or tea is served but the galakoboureko is amazing!!!

1  Thank Randy G