“Excellent ambiance and good French Food”
Review of Rive Gauche Bistro

Rive Gauche Bistro
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Athens
Reviewed 14 February 2017

My husband and I had Sunday brunch here recently. A great bargain with mimosa or bloody Mary and a main course for $15. My frittata was excellent. My husband had to send his quiche back to get it warmed up again. Potatoes were a big soggy for my taste. Coffee was delicious. Owner was very attentive. The real highlight is the decor, which is gorgeous. A perfectly refurbished French bistro vibe. We highly recommend.

1  Thank dutchess414

Reviewed 4 February 2017

The escargot was prepared in a way I have never had it before. It is now the new standard by which I will be judging escargot I will try in the future. We had eaten here twice, and decided to have our company party here. We tried all the Appetizers, and they were all good. The mixed drinks were also well done.

1  Thank barrettcpa
Reviewed 25 January 2017

My husband and I went last Saturday. Place was fairly busy. We had a reservation. Young lady sat us in the window which was nice. Ordered drinks. Bartender was very slow. He seemed to cater to the people at the bar. No cherry in the Manhattan. Served great bread but it was COLD. My husband wanted escargot the traditional way in butter. I don't think the waitress new what traditional was. They just served them on the plate. I had them with puff pastry. Never had a "escargot sandwich" before. They were good, though. We ordered duck and tuna. The duck tasted smoked but was tender. My tuna was supposed to be ahi. It was good. The potatoes were fantastic. There was a medical emergency, so it took longer than normal but we didn't mind. We were told the chef was on vacation. His sister came over to make sure everything was all right. For desert I had the "Napoleon." It was not a Traditional one but it tasted fine. Will go back. Server was a lovely young woman.

1  Thank judi2
Reviewed 17 January 2017

We had dinner here New Year's Eve. The food was good and they host put set a fun environment for the evening. Very nice new addition to Athens.

1  Thank terryhe
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Beautiful space, excellent food and wine and lovely service. This is a great addition to Athens, as you'd usually have to cross the Hudson to get food and service this good. My chicken paillard was very moist, flavorful and the portion was huge. My husband loved his steak tartare and traditional Moules/Frites. Good selection of wine by the glass too. We had a fantastic server and enjoyed meeting Brooke, who managed the "front" of the house.

2  Thank dre51