See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2018

It's been over a month since I had the pleasure of being a guest of Carol & Dean's at Casa Alegria Bed & Breakfast, but I still remember it so vividly - BEAUTIFUL property, bird paradise, blooming trees (an eucalyptus tree!), flowers, and shrubs, delicious coffee, papayas, pineapples, and empanadas from scratch, wonderful local coffee shops, restaurants, a brand new library, warm, open people (a poet!), rustic and quaint. Short walking distance to town and restaurants. A place you'd want to stay at for a month or so with no reservation.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dean O, Owner at Casa Alegria Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you Jacqueline, we really hope you and Henry will visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I spent 4 nights at Casa Alegria B&B. I had originally booked 2 nights, but the morning after I arrived, I decided to stay longer because I liked it so much! Dean and Carol are such kind and helpful hosts and the B&B is so quiet and cute. I enjoyed delicious coffee and breakfast every morning on the terrace overlooking the garden and mountains. Only a couple minutes' walk from the main street it's many restaurants and shops. I'd definitely visit again!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Dean O, Owner at Casa Alegria Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you Jeska, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Carol & Dean’s Bed and Breakfast with our two small kids, aged 2&4 in April 2018.
Carol & Dean were both so helpful and went out of their way to organise tours and arrange pickups for us. We visited the hot springs (absolutely amazing!!) and did the bee & butterfly tour.
The room was huge, beautiful and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was delicious and everything was offered what one could wish for.
We spent 3 fantastic days in Boquete and can only recommend this lovely B&B to anyone visiting this amazing place. It was definitely a highlight during our trip to Panama and we felt at home at Algeria’s B&B!!
Thank you so much for the fantastic time we had!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Mercedes, we are glad you all enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I'm feeling a little redundant with my exuberant reviews of the last few B&B's I've stayed at. Maybe it's not me, perhaps the type of people who decide to pursue this vocation are just warm, helpful people who really wish the best for you? That certainly sums up the treatment at Casa Alegria, after a few days you feel like family. The location is ideal, just a few minutes walk from town and the proprietors provide a wealth of information about the area and know the best providers of services available. The breakfast is ample and varied. This is a no risk reservation.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your kind review. We certainly hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Carol and her husband are great hosts in this lovely B&B. Great location, two blocks from Main Street, where you can find supermarket, drugstore, restaurants, etc. Homey breakfast in a beautiful house. We will stay again for sure.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.