US$99
US$89
US$75
US$91
US$77
The Haven and Spa(Boquete)
US$109
Bambuda Castle(Boquete)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$62
Hotels.com
All reviewscell phonecoffee estateevery morningtakes care of everythingthe ownerliving roomspecial placehorseback ridingmountain retreatkind of placeamazing hostscentral americaboquete townvolcan barubeautiful placerandykat
Reviewed 11 January 2016

I stayed here for four nights in Dec 2015/Jan 2016. I booked this place because I a) wanted a quiet location near Boquete and b) couldn't resist 'testing' its almost 200 perfect reviews on Trip Advisor. Surely this was too good to be true?

When you arrive, this is what happens:

1. The owner/host Randy makes you feel genuinely warmly welcome - like a long-lost best friend.
2. Your suite is impeccable - spacious, modern, tastefully decorated, everything you need and very comfortable.
3. You are stunned by the gorgeous views across the lush tropical gardens of the property itself, across the nearby hills and valleys all the way to the Pacific Ocean.

Then as you get settled in, things get even better:

1. There is a small, covered patio/mirador in the verdant gardens where you can sit in chairs or lounge in hammocks (also provided) and enjoy the superb views and sunsets. It even has Wi-Fi access - I Skyped the UK from there just to show my family what they were missing!
2. Your breakfast each morning is superb and plentiful and delivered to your suite at the time you request. The coffee is delicious and you are provided with your own supply of it in your suite, plus real milk in your mini-refrigerator.
3. The higher altitude here provides cooler temperatures and drier air - a really welcome respite from the baking-hot humidity of Panama City and David and other coastal towns.
4. The overall feel. You soon become enveloped in a comforting realization that you are enjoying a really special place up here in these beautiful gardens on this mountainside.
5. A bonus: Chubs the dog. I am not particularly a pet-lover, but you cannot help but just love Chubs who is such a gentle, friendly dog who ambles up to your patio door each morning just to quietly say 'hello friend' (though he's well-trained enough to not venture inside).

In terms of things to do ... there is a super-useful set of notes and pamphlets in your suite with details of things to do, places to eat, etc. and, importantly, the recommended/reputable providers of each. And Randy can provide you with loads more detail and local knowledge if you need it.

In terms of getting around ... yes, the Manana Madera Coffee Estate is about 12 minutes outside (above) Boquete, so if you are wanting to be in the thick of backpacker night-life, the Guest Suites may not be for you. But if you want peace and quiet and quality and beauty, I would not hesitate to highly recommend the Guest Suites. Also, Randy is so helpful and accommodating in dropping off and picking up his guests that, not once did I feel in the slightest bit inconvenienced by not having my own rental car. Also, he provides you with a pre-paid local cell phone for the duration of your stay.

If staying at The Guest Suites at Manana Madera Coffee Estate could be improved in any way, I am baffled to imagine how. But there is one BIG downside to staying here: it really SUCKS to leave.

Room Tip: There are only two suites. If there is availability, just book it.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2015

I have to agree with everyone else and say that this is an outstanding B&B. My husband and I were able to stay one night in November 2015 and truly Randy knows what he is doing. The hospitality, the views, the coffee - all exceptional. He offers a unique location with the highest quality I saw anywhere else in the 3 months I was there. The rooms are perfection. There is a gazebo with hammocks and all the options (wi-fi, a selection of books and a large DVD collection) if you choose to stay indoors as well. The breakfast was delicious and Randy is so personable, attending to every need. Thank you so much, Randy, for allowing us to enjoy ourselves at your place.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

The nicest B & B we have ever been fortunate enough to stay in - at any price. Each private bungalow in this mountain retreat has all modern conveniences, have breathtaking views and exceeded all our expectations. Randy is the consummate host and made us feel most welcome. His homemade sausage and coffee grown on the property are fantastic.

However, it's the stunning views and natural scenery right outside your window that steals the show. This is One of the most beautiful places we have ever seen.

We have no reservations recommending this establishment to all who are lucky enough to visit this beautiful area. Do yourself a favor & book it.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2015

The weather may not have cooperated as well as we would have liked but our time here was still great. Randy so many could learn so much from your hospitality. ESP is such a wonderful gift and your my friend must surly posses it, as it seemed each time I would start to ask for something you were already at the door to provide. You do go above and beyond for your guests and we appreciated it so much.
The rooms are so quiet and comfortable, the evening breezes keep it cool and sleeping is sound. The breakfast was always enjoyable, you are quite the cook also. And the fresh ground coffee from you finca is certainly the start of the day we all look forward to.
The grounds and pathways around the estate are all immaculately kept. And the ranchita is just perfect for an evenings relaxation with a good glass of wine and cigar.
We look forward to our next visit with you!

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 25 November 2015

Manana Madera is pure perfection in every way. Randy has created the most amazing place to escape and unwind in the hills of Boquete. I stayed with my boyfriend for his birthday at the start of October (sorry for the slightly late review Randy!) and he completely made the trip for us. From the moment I sent an email enquiring about a room, Randy provided us with the most outstanding service possible, nothing you can ask for is too much trouble and he has thought of every little detail to make your stay perfect. (Relaxing in the ranchito whilst taking in the views across the countryside is a must!) He even arranged a dinner venue for us and kindly drove us into town and picked us up again later. The suites are simply beautiful and come with everything you could possibly need for a few days in Boquete, his coffee and breakfast were some of the best we have ever had, and of course Chubs was a very welcome visitor every morning! We really didn't want to leave and will never stay anywhere else in Boquete, we'll be back soon! Thanks Randy!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple