“Stop looking, This is the best place in Boquete. You get WAY more for your money here!”

The Guest Suites at Manana Madera Coffee Estate
Reviewed 17 January 2016

We are a younger couple who loves coffee and planned our honeymoon to Pamama because of Boquete. So, to say the least, we wanted the best that we could get with our honey funds. We were looking for a place that is unique and would be a once in a life time experience. We found it ! if you are lucky enough to be reading this, don't look any further. Randy was the best host. He was so helpful in helping us plan our day trips. He is very knowledgeable and knows all the ends and the outs of the area. He will do his best to make sure not only that your suite is top notch, but that your time is spent efficiently. When I dropped my special wedding earring down the facet, he was eager in helping to retrieve it for me. I truly felt like I was staying with extended family. We stayed for three days, which was long enough to get a good tour, but we could have stayed longer to see more attractions.

The taxi service that was set up to and from the airport was great. It really was not an inconvenience being out side of town in alta. It is a pretty sleepy town, so your not missing much by staying "out of town". The views are absolutely amazing from the ranchero !! Watching a rain storms move in over volcano Baru was very exciting. The suites look exactly like the website and are kept up very nicely. I was speechless with the beauty ! We always had freshly ground coffee in our room. Budget to buy coffee and bring an extra suitcase to take some back. Our day trips included the Trek Zipline, the waterfall hike (I would have liked a guide looking back at it), Ruiz coffee tour. I enjoyed Big Daddy's fish tacos and their margaritas are the best in town. We also went to the very nice River restaurant. My Panama luna de meil was the best time of my life. Please do your self a favor and see if they have a suite open for you and yours.

Room Tip: The best view, Great Coffee grown on site, unique and boutique experience.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 January 2016

We loved our stay at Manana Madera. From the first email correspondence with Randy, everything was welcoming and pleasant. He is an excellent host who made us feel immediately at ease and comfortable.

The suite we were in was gorgeous. A comfortable bed with big windows that let you see the abundance of stars each night. The bathroom has nice toiletries and a big shower. The living/breakfast area is comfortable, too, with large windows/screens opening out into the property. Randy grinds fresh coffee from the farm when you arrive and there's a pot for brewing there in the room so you can enjoy it anytime you wish. The coffee is wonderful! He also brings you breakfast each morning and it's tasty. In addition to enjoying your suite, you can go the "ranchito" which is a patio where there are adirondack chairs and hooks for the hammocks he provides. I enjoyed plenty of time reading there and watching the humming birds in the pretty gardens. He makes sure anything you need is at hand: fast wifi, DVD player, speakers for music, lights on the patio, windbreakers in the closet, small space heater, blankets, cream for your coffee. He provided a cell phone to use to keep in touch with him during the stay. Our stay couldn't have been more comfortable.

The estate is a little outside of Boquete, which for us was an advantage--it meant feeling like we were in a private, quiet place to relax. And Randy makes sure that you don't feel isolated, arranging transportation whenever you request it. It's a very short ride to town in a taxi.

Randy is an outstanding host but his co-host and canine pal, Chubbs, steals all the thunder. He's a big lovable dog who you can't help hugging and hanging out with whenever you see his big orange head on your stairs.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2016

The best B&B in Boquete. Randy is a great host! Advice on local tours, food, etc. He goes the extra mile to help & make you feel welcome. The Casitas are awesome, extra clean, breakfast delivered to your room! We loved our stay with Randy. Manana Madera has incredible views of Vulcan Baru & the valley below. Short drive into town. Will go back again & again.

Room Tip: Both casitas have a fantastic view!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2016

I stayed here for four nights in Dec 2015/Jan 2016. I booked this place because I a) wanted a quiet location near Boquete and b) couldn't resist 'testing' its almost 200 perfect reviews on Trip Advisor. Surely this was too good to be true?

When you arrive, this is what happens:

1. The owner/host Randy makes you feel genuinely warmly welcome - like a long-lost best friend.
2. Your suite is impeccable - spacious, modern, tastefully decorated, everything you need and very comfortable.
3. You are stunned by the gorgeous views across the lush tropical gardens of the property itself, across the nearby hills and valleys all the way to the Pacific Ocean.

Then as you get settled in, things get even better:

1. There is a small, covered patio/mirador in the verdant gardens where you can sit in chairs or lounge in hammocks (also provided) and enjoy the superb views and sunsets. It even has Wi-Fi access - I Skyped the UK from there just to show my family what they were missing!
2. Your breakfast each morning is superb and plentiful and delivered to your suite at the time you request. The coffee is delicious and you are provided with your own supply of it in your suite, plus real milk in your mini-refrigerator.
3. The higher altitude here provides cooler temperatures and drier air - a really welcome respite from the baking-hot humidity of Panama City and David and other coastal towns.
4. The overall feel. You soon become enveloped in a comforting realization that you are enjoying a really special place up here in these beautiful gardens on this mountainside.
5. A bonus: Chubs the dog. I am not particularly a pet-lover, but you cannot help but just love Chubs who is such a gentle, friendly dog who ambles up to your patio door each morning just to quietly say 'hello friend' (though he's well-trained enough to not venture inside).

In terms of things to do ... there is a super-useful set of notes and pamphlets in your suite with details of things to do, places to eat, etc. and, importantly, the recommended/reputable providers of each. And Randy can provide you with loads more detail and local knowledge if you need it.

In terms of getting around ... yes, the Manana Madera Coffee Estate is about 12 minutes outside (above) Boquete, so if you are wanting to be in the thick of backpacker night-life, the Guest Suites may not be for you. But if you want peace and quiet and quality and beauty, I would not hesitate to highly recommend the Guest Suites. Also, Randy is so helpful and accommodating in dropping off and picking up his guests that, not once did I feel in the slightest bit inconvenienced by not having my own rental car. Also, he provides you with a pre-paid local cell phone for the duration of your stay.

If staying at The Guest Suites at Manana Madera Coffee Estate could be improved in any way, I am baffled to imagine how. But there is one BIG downside to staying here: it really SUCKS to leave.

Room Tip: There are only two suites. If there is availability, just book it.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2015

I have to agree with everyone else and say that this is an outstanding B&B. My husband and I were able to stay one night in November 2015 and truly Randy knows what he is doing. The hospitality, the views, the coffee - all exceptional. He offers a unique location with the highest quality I saw anywhere else in the 3 months I was there. The rooms are perfection. There is a gazebo with hammocks and all the options (wi-fi, a selection of books and a large DVD collection) if you choose to stay indoors as well. The breakfast was delicious and Randy is so personable, attending to every need. Thank you so much, Randy, for allowing us to enjoy ourselves at your place.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple