Hotel Versalles
Hotel Rex(Chitre)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Karla(Chitre)
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We always stay here because of our local contact and overall a nice place to stay locally. Clean,friendly and reasonable. The restaurant is good and friendly. Nice pool area. The rooms are basic but the beds are ok and the shower is strong and hot. The aircon is great. I never see North American travelers here but i think they would find it pleasant and very accommodating.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I need to write this review because i always avoid this hotel because of past experiences. But i had to stay 2 weeks before and my experience was good. I asked for a room in the back (cause the rooms of the front are the cheapiest and old ones) i had a room in fron of the pool (i dont like the pool was a little dirty) but the room was big and clean also the bathroom. The price has the breakfast included and was really good we had fruits cheesee and others and was really good. For me they are improving. If you have to go in a fast trip to Chitre for only 1 night this is a good option

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yolemo M
Reviewed 18 June 2016

Our first time in Chitre and we were so happy to stay at Hotel Versalles. Overall, the hotel was inviting and the staff were helpful and friendly. The beds were firm, the shower was hot and the air conditioning was cold. The location is perfect with bus and taxi service right out front. Breakfast was good and offered a nice variety. Can't imagine why they are not set up to take reservations online, but otherwise, a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

The rooms are clean and a good size, but the beds are terrible to share. I have never been in a bouncier bed. We had a room at the back, which we thought would protect us from road noise, but instead we got all night party noise. There are several rooms in the courtyard rented out to private parties, and there were non stop rolling parties all weekend. Also, in order to check in early with our toddler, we had to pay 50% extra for the night! This even though our room was ready. This seems like very poor PR. Breakfast was barely edible. Soggy eggs and cold fried bread. We won't be back. Not worth the price.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2015

It was late, we were tired, and we just wanted to take a hot shower and settle in for the evening. We had to wait for the receptionist to finish talking with a friend on the phone. Then a staff member needed some assistance. (I think the receptionists was also the night manager…) Then a guest had a question. Finally he had time for us. Well, with some more interruptions he was able to get us checked in.

Our room was above the receptionists. Fortunately, we were not on the street side. No elevator, no one offered to assist with our bag, and no one showed us to our room.

We were in for a surprise when we opened the door to the room. This hotel does not come anywhere near the standard of the rooms offered at the two other local hotels we have stayed at. The hotel room was very tired. We will leave it at that as my Mother always said, “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all”.

I require a breathing machine when I sleep at night. There was no place to plug it in. That also meant that there was no place to plug in our computers or cell phones to recharge. So I ran a power strip out of the bathroom to use.

The bathroom was very small, the shower was also small, water leaked out of the shower, and the water was not very hot.

Breakfast was your typical Panamanian food items. Service was minimal and slow.

Doubt that we will ever be back here. Too many other better choices in Chitré…

Panama Vagabond

Room Tip: Select a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple