Gran Hotel Azuero
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Mykonos Hotel & Convention Center(Santiago de Veraguas)
View Hotel
Hotel Gran David(Santiago de Veraguas)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2016

We only stayed one night, but our stay was pleasant. The room air conditioner is only turned off when you take off the card....it's weird and cannot control the temperature. The restaurant served good food but the service was slow.

Room Tip: ask the room not near to air conditioner ventilators under the window :)
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Well, we stay at the Gran Hotel Azuero quite often, but this was our best experience to date. Upon arrival, there was a large party in one of the convention rooms, so the hotel parking lot was full and there was no parking. So we pulled up to the lobby and began unloading the car. Immediately, one of the bellboys were there to assist, and when I asked where I could park, he moved some cones on a spot only about 10 feet away.

Once we had checked in, he assisted us with our luggage to the second floor, where we were immediately turned off by the room. It wasn't that is wasn't nice, it's just that having stayed there a time or two, we knew there were nicer rooms with pool views and a balcony. He immediately assisted us with making the change, and 5 minutes later, we were in our new room without having to go back down to the lobby.

The pool is great, and though we didn't use it on this trip, the wait staff is attentive at the pool, which is great. They are not so attentive at breakfast, which is included with the stay, but a wave to the wait staff will get their attention. The food at breakfast is not great. Especially the buffet style scrambled eggs that everyone typically leaves on their plates.

Also, the rooms don't have refrigerators or microwaves. A bit of an inconvenience for us, but probably not for everyone.

Over all, very pleased.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, or pool side room.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I booked this hotel through Expedia and was charged twice by the hotel for the same stay. Neither dealing with the hotel or Expedia has helpful and I had to dispute the charge on my credit card spending many hours on the phone and Internet. The front desk staff do not know what they are doing and I would not recommend staying here.

Usando los servicios de Expedia, pasamos dos noches en el Gran Hotel Azuero. Recibí dos cargos de mi tarjeta de crédito. ¡Entonces, pago dos veces por la misma reservación! La recepción, en mi opinión, no me parece tener la capaz a hacer un buen trabajo. ¡Cuidado!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikael H
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Fantastic service for a business visit. I needed documents printed. They were very accommodating and took care of me. Friendly cheerful staff. I would recommend to anyone. Look forward to coming back and visiting for a vacation

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2015

this was my first time in panama for study abroad. The staff was amazing ,extremely polite and ready for all our needs. Housekeeping was great ,my room was smelled fresh and cleaned for the 12 days. Jose the bartender made me the best long island drink i have ever had ,he was exceptional. The manager went Mr Rogelio Ferro always made sure we were comfortable. Such a great hotel and the staff always smile. I felt like home while being there.
thank you Azuerro staff for making my stay in chitre a wonderful and unforgettable experience. will be back soon God willing

Room Tip: pool view or street view were both amazing ...i did both
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business