“Best hotel in Chitre, Azuero”

Cubita Boutique Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chitre
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Beautiful hotel with great amenities, and impecable service, is pet friendly. The design is very colonial with details of Panamanian culture. Their restaurant Los Maizales has fusion cuisine of Panamanian and international food, we had dinner and the food was amazing. The spa is also nice and quiet.

The only thing, I didn't like is that the pool opens at 10:00 am.

Next to the hotel there is a supermarket and several businesses, including a beauty parlor, and a bank.

Stayed: December 2016
Kathie V, Supervisor at Cubita Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Hello Kery,

Thanks for your review. We are glad that your stay with us was pleasant for you.
Cubitá was designed to transmit to our guests our culture and traditions.
Our pool schedule is due the cleaning in the morning so our guests can use it clean.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I stay with my family in this hotel for 2 nights .The first night we were not able to sleep because it was hot and humid in both of our rooms and a moldy smell that trigger my allergy.I let the person at the front desk know about the situation,she tried to give another room,but most of their rooms had the same mildew smell.It looks like to save energy ,they shut the air conditioner on empty rooms,and thats a mistake because Panama weather is very humid,thats why rooms had a mildew smell. The hallways are also dark,in this hotel is all about saving cost ,I guess to the owner.
I talked to the hotel manager,and he was very distracted and evasive,when I complaint about the rooms ,he was talking to me about a family vacation he had in Orlando,Fl where I live.At the end of our conversation,he never gave a solution to my complaint.I still do not feel good for those 2 days that I stayed in this hotel,because the moldy smelly rooms gave a really bad allergy episode.
I do not recommend this hotel is expensive and the rooms are not only smelly,and hot ,but also the air vents are dusty,and showers needs to be mantained or repainted.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kathie V, Supervisor at Cubita Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hello Guillermo,

On behalf of Cubitá we apologize for the inconvinent that you had during your stay with us. Part of our commitments are that all clients feel confortable with the Hotel and well treated for the staff. Your comments will help us to improvement a lot.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

This hotel is a rambling "Colonial Style", with an excellent breakfast buffet, well appointed bars, friendly staff, and lovely grounds. Several really good tours are available from the hotel. One highlight was a dinner served outside on the large patio, followed by a program of folkloric dance. In the building is an interesting museum, where we were treated to a demonstration of Panamanian drum making, and of ceremonial Mask making! The room was comfortable and clean. The only disappointment was that the pool was closed for renovation and painting (we were there slightly "off season"), but it looked like it would have been wonderful with water in it!! There is a small shopping plaza next to the hotel, including a little supermarket with an ATM. Hotel is ideally situated for tours to local places of interest, including a plantation where fine rum is made! On our final morning we enjoyed rolling and shaping the traditional little breads, and baked them in a big outdoor oven!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Kathie V, Supervisor at Cubita Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hello hortiq

We are glad that your stay with us was pleasant.
As you had aprecciated, Cubitá was designed to offer to all our clients the opportunity of living the traditional culture and folklore of the Azuero Peninzula, taking in count all the details to complete a wonderfull stay with us.

Unfortunally, those days the pool was on maintenance for what we apologize.

We hope you visit us again !

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Cool atmosphere allowing an escape from the heat that radiates in the tropical area. Pool was great for swimming, service was satisfactory, walking distance to gift stores and a mini market just a few steps up from the lobby. Loved the open atmosphere and the tour we took to Iguana Island was well arranged through the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side near the pool are probably much less bothered by noise from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Kathie V, Supervisor at Cubita Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Hello Lynda,

Thanks for your comments. We are glad that you stayed with us. Cubitá Hotel, Cubitá Tours and Cubitá The Plaza has been built to provide guests all the amenities for an excellent stay.

Hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Wasn't impressed at first with outside as we drove up, but once past the front entrance my views changed. I liked the lobby, courtyard and grounds. I was surprised that the refrigerator only worked if the key was in the slot. I understand the lights and AC but the refrigerator is useless unless it is cold all the time. I enjoyed the convenience of the stores and the bar in the lobby. I enjoyed walking around the complex. You might want to train bar staff that if a person wanted just a coke for the free welcome drink without the rum, it is ok and even saves money to the hotel. I was with a tour group. Could you tell me what is the name of the statue outside?

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Hello Donna,

Thanks for your comment, we are going to take advantage on the bar staff for improvement and the refrigerator system.

The statue outside the Hotel is the Cacique Paris (Known too as Antataura o Cutatara), a brave warrior of our pre-columbian era, whom fought against the Spanish to preservarte its Domains now day known as Azuero lands. As Cubitá is an representation of the Azuerense Culture we put him in front of the Hotel as a reminder of our warriors days, and in this way he can keep all the culture and traditions inside the Hotel.

We are glad that your stay with us was pleasant and that get interested in our history. Hope you visit us again !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chitre
2.2 km away
38.0 km away
Posada del Mar
Posada del Mar
#5 of 11 in Las Tablas

Been to Cubita Boutique Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!