See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 November 2014

We did not actually stay here, just called in for a beer. However that experience was enough to convince me never to stay. There was no proper bar so we asked for the beers at Reception. The staff were some of the rudest we have met, sullen and resentful. However the deciding factor was the ladies' toilets. There were 3 cubicles and 3 sinks. Two of the toilets were blocked and in the third the seat was not attached. Only two of the sinks had taps, and there was no was no water in either of them. I cannot imagine what the rooms are like based on this evidence, but I have no wish to find out.

Stayed: November 2014
2  Thank TillyTravel58
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The outside of the hotel allured me into staying. I was very disappointed. The building is amazing though I wished I had stayed somewhere else and made a visit to see the hotel. The rooms are very shoddy and not very clean (rust on the fixtures in the bathroom, holes in the walls from installing cable - not patched, some peeling of the paint). I booked online and while I was checking in another person checked in before me for $10.00 a night less. When I asked about it, I was told that the rate was the lower than what I paid but that was the online price. The view of the ships going into the canal is exceptional and there is a nice pool. The pool accepts non guests for a daily price so it was not very welcoming. The hotel is situated in a very bad neighborhood and I was advised by the staff not to leave grounds except by taxi.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jlg07
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Washigton Hotel, Colon
Only come if you are romantic and like historical places, if you are expecting fancy well restored places do not come. But if you are interested in Panama history you must visit this place. The building is very beautiful, but need a very urgent restaurauration! this could be one of the most beautiful heritage hotels in the Americas.
It was constructed 100 years ago, all the important visitors of Colon stayed there, their ghosts still around! Among the interesting stories, here is the place where former President Juan Domingo Peron from Argentina, met his last wife and also President of Argentina Maria Isabel - Isabelita- Peron.
It is in a very bad neglected condition, so sad.

Room Tip: Ask for a restored room, facing the sea.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mxmale
Reviewed 20 November 2013

One way or another, it´s nice to stay in old hotels, even when they have known better days. The setting couldn´t be better (with views on the ships on their way to the Canal), you can use the pool and the rooms are OK (however, you can tell that the bathroom wasn´t a very important room during the glory days of the hotel). We arrived by taxi, without a reservation, but it was no problem getting a room...with a view, for 60$ a night. All credit cards are accepted, and wifi is included.

Room Tip: ask for a view. People at the reception are not the fastest, nor the most efficient, but they are very helpful.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank onzils
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My opinion of this hotel is that they are very helpful,the room was well priced it had a flat screen television with cable and there was WiFi in the room which was a plus also the view of the Atlantic ocean was nice.The bathroom had hot and cold water which was acceptable,the receptionist was punctual not really people friendly though and lack of English speaking skills.The restaurant was nice the desserts are tasty didn't get to try the food.There was a nice pool it was very spacious and the hotel grounds where well kept.Overall the hotel is a nice relaxing place for only $60 us so i would encourage anyone to visit there.

Room Tip: Learn how to speak Spanish its more enjoyable when you can communicate with the staff
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business