US$66
US$123
US$75
  • Breakfast included
US$40
La Granja Campo y Aventura(Colon)(Great Value!)
US$50
Hospedaje y Pension La Cubana(Colon)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$44
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$130
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 February 2015

Our stay was short. We checked in at 11:30 am and out at 4pm.... Same day. We spent the afternoon having lunch in the hotel's restaurant, walking the grounds to view its crumbling facade, and interior public space. The Spectacle of canal shipping moving past its waterfront is quite impressive. Amazingly, there's a grounded vessel resting alongside the hotels sea wall... A BIG vessel. One can imagine another era, but they won't come.close to experiencing it.
Personally, I think the building is past redemption but that is not a matter of review. There is a certain romance to fading structures, and some of us seek this romance as we travel. What remains here isn't romance. It is a room with a layer of white dust so thick that it smears across the wood furniture and turns the bottom of your shoes white as you walk in the room. It is a bed skirt stained by years of use without ever being laundered. It is an aged pillow made of small foam chunks that billows that same white dust every time you slap it. It is electrical outlets hanging loose from the wall. It's water that never turns even slightly warm.
The air conditioning did work in our room but would've preferred having a window that could open to vent the damp smell.
Well, there you have it ... I gave it two stars instead of one because I respect the will someone has to keep this old dump's doors open.

Room Tip: Truly.... It doesn't make a difference.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2015 via mobile

I would not recommend this place to anyone. We stayed 1 night as we were curious to see colon and we couldn't wait to leave.

The lobby showed traces of its old glory but rooms and the grounds were sadly in disrepair. You just don't feel safe or comfortable here, it's not a nice environment.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angiesph
Reviewed 22 November 2014

We did not actually stay here, just called in for a beer. However that experience was enough to convince me never to stay. There was no proper bar so we asked for the beers at Reception. The staff were some of the rudest we have met, sullen and resentful. However the deciding factor was the ladies' toilets. There were 3 cubicles and 3 sinks. Two of the toilets were blocked and in the third the seat was not attached. Only two of the sinks had taps, and there was no was no water in either of them. I cannot imagine what the rooms are like based on this evidence, but I have no wish to find out.

Stayed: November 2014
2  Thank TillyTravel58
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The outside of the hotel allured me into staying. I was very disappointed. The building is amazing though I wished I had stayed somewhere else and made a visit to see the hotel. The rooms are very shoddy and not very clean (rust on the fixtures in the bathroom, holes in the walls from installing cable - not patched, some peeling of the paint). I booked online and while I was checking in another person checked in before me for $10.00 a night less. When I asked about it, I was told that the rate was the lower than what I paid but that was the online price. The view of the ships going into the canal is exceptional and there is a nice pool. The pool accepts non guests for a daily price so it was not very welcoming. The hotel is situated in a very bad neighborhood and I was advised by the staff not to leave grounds except by taxi.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jlg07
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Washigton Hotel, Colon
Only come if you are romantic and like historical places, if you are expecting fancy well restored places do not come. But if you are interested in Panama history you must visit this place. The building is very beautiful, but need a very urgent restaurauration! this could be one of the most beautiful heritage hotels in the Americas.
It was constructed 100 years ago, all the important visitors of Colon stayed there, their ghosts still around! Among the interesting stories, here is the place where former President Juan Domingo Peron from Argentina, met his last wife and also President of Argentina Maria Isabel - Isabelita- Peron.
It is in a very bad neglected condition, so sad.

Room Tip: Ask for a restored room, facing the sea.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple