“In The Heart of the City”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baguio
Benguet Prime Hotel
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Baguio
Reviewed 9 August 2017

It's my 4th time to visit Baguio City but it's the first with my son. We stayed at a transient house on my first 2 visits, the third one at Microtel and 2 weeks ago (July 29th) we checked in at this hotel.

This was not our first choice. I have a prior reservation at Lyn's Do Drop Inn however the owner had an emergency when we came and cannot accommodate us. We needed a place to stay right away as my son is developing a fever that day. That week was a bit stormy in Manila. Light rain and moderate wind in Baguio.

We asked a cab driver to drop us off to a decent hotel, not expensive and within the city. He said that most of his passengers are satisfied with Prime Hotel, so he dropped us off here. It was still early in the morning, just a few minutes before 9, way before the standard check in hours. This hotel though said we can check in early (I think they did not have much guests as it's not a peak season plus the weather is not really good). During breakfast though I found out that they have a lot of guests too, the restaurant is almost full.

We stayed at room 416 for 2 nights, July 29th to July 31st. I am with my partner and son. Here goes my review. :)

THE HOTEL AND FACILITIES -
It's an old hotel. It's not your usual hotel that's airy, it's actually a bit dark if not for the 'artificial light'. The room furniture are old and sparse. We got what they call a Matrimonial Room (fan room only but with a view of Harrison Road) which comes with a queen (I think) bed, small couch, small table with matching dining chairs and 2 bedside tables. Their elevator is small and old, but it's faster than it looks. :) They turn off their lift I think during late night until early morning. For a person who gets terrified by dark hallways or old buildings, they might feel a bit queasy here. They also have a number of 'warning signs' on their doors and corridors (like, not leaving your things inside your room, so that gives you a feeling that's it's not safe). The bed and pillows are not the best but comfy enough. You get a cheap set of toiletries (just shampoo and small soap and tissue) and towels. I suggest though to bring your own towel if you plan to stay here, specially if you are particular with crisp and immaculate towels. :) Their Matrimonial Room also comes with an old TV with cable, phone and hot and cold shower. Water is good, although the shower can use a bit pressure. They said that they have Wi-Fi but my phone can't seem to detect it. Data signal (SMART) is also a bit weak. What you will really appreciate with this hotel is its location. Just across Session Road where most shops are, at the back is Harrison Road where the Night Market happens (we are at an advantage since we can watch the weather change with our huge windows, very helpful if we want to go out), walking distance from Burnham Park, Genesis Bus Terminal and market. Easy to get a cab. We paid Php1,400/night.

THE STAFF -
The staff are nice. They gave us options where we want to stay - a room with no view and with AC or a fan room with a view of Harrison Road. There's no need for an AC, it was too cold we slept with the windows closed and it still feels like it's snowing. Housekeeping is efficient. They only took a few minutes to go to our room and replace the sheets and pillows when my son threw up at 10PM. I think they have new staff at F&B though. They keep going back and forth because they either forget to bring change when we ordered or brought incomplete utensils or some other reason.

THE FOOD -
We ordered sizzling porkchop for dinner since we can't get out due to the weather. It was good. Their breakfast though (that comes with your accommodation) is not satisfying but he serving is good enough. For the first morning I got a good serving of tocino, fried rice, tuyo, scrambled egg, pancit, a slide of pineapple and brewed coffee.

Overall, this hotel serves it purpose -- a place to deposit your not so important things (given their warning signs on the door, but they said that you can leave it at the reception for safekeeping) and gives you access to most that Baguio City can offer. If I don't plan for a staycation in Baguio, I will still consider this hotel. Other than that, this hotel can use an overhaul that will improve their overall look and feel.

Room Tip: Baguio City's weather is good enough to choose a fan room. Always get the room with a view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MUrAngel

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel got fine services. Everytime we arrive, the service crew always greet you with smile. Its food is perfect for fine appetite. Rooms are quite convenient. The cool weather would sooth to your relaxation. Overall its literally amazing. I would strongly recommend this.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jack F
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We checked in late @ around 5pm. There front desk is really not a usual front desk. It is just a counter when you pay your bill in a boutique. Well, except for the staff who are well groomed. They gave us the and was escorted by a guy which I don't who he is because he talked to us until he left us in our room. Well inside the room, tv is partially broken, the linens are extremely dirty. Molds everywhere. Worst thing, the water is very poor. We cannot even manage to take a bath because the water on the shower are almost droplets. Even the faucet is broken. The flush is broken. The towels which are supposed to be color while turned to dirty brown.

Before check out, there was a ghost in the cr wherein, that ghost opened the faucet twice. So we hurriedly go down for check out.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We have stayed here last year with my Family. We were offered a really creepy room on a higher floor and we definitely didn't enjoy our stay. The ambiance is quite gloomy. They can do some work with the hotel especially with the lighting. We heard squeaking sounds and we felt really unsafe. We stayed here as most hotels were fully booked. The only good thing about this hotel is its location- It is in the center of Session road and really close to SM baguio, Burnham and Harrison Night Market- also close to public transport.

The receptionist are hospitable(This is common to most hotels in Luzon as compared to the ones in Manila)

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2017

You are going to get what you paid for. It is very cheap hotel in Session Road and because of that, you have to lowered your expectations. You are still gonna get a free decent breakfast meals , dont you worry on meals because it has a Jollibee Store on the ground floor of the hotel. The room is a typical old but big rooms, cable ready and old comfort rooms.

In terms of location it just walking distance from the burnham park, public market, nearby catholic church , night market ukay-ukay. You will definitely save from spending taxi fare if you want to roam around.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends