“Eclectic Mix of Persian Food”
Review of Ziggurat Cuisine

Ziggurat Cuisine
Ranked #460 of 1,456 Restaurants in Makati
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

This place has Many types of food from all over the Middle East; curry, Kebab, Tagine and more. We had the green curry, Moroccan couscous and scallops kebab. The curry was good, not very spicy, the couscous was less flavored than expected, and the scallops were in a red sauce that was delicious. Overall I would say good food. The atmosphere is really nice & cozy, with about 4 floor tables and 2 "high-tops" with chairs. The decor is pleasant and reminded me of Morocco without being too campy or overdone.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

I read about the place in a few blogs and after my sister recommended the food, we looked for the place in the inner streets of Makati. The ambiance was very nice, you can opt to sit on the floor with plenty of pillows or you can sit on the chairs. The menu needs to be updated though, since it was printed on a large newspaper with articles so it took a while for us to browse through the menu and order. We ordered the Mezze Luna which comprised of four dips, the cheese fondue, hummus, baba ghanoush and tapenade served with pita bread. I enjoyed digging through the dips with the pita that we ordered extra pita. Each of the dips were flavorful and seasoned the right amount. We also ordered the Large Kebab Platter where you can make your own wrap. It had a variety of meat and roasted tomatoes and onions. Anther dish I loved was the Lamb Curry, the lamb cooked really tender and you can taste the spices without it overpowering the lamb. We also had Sweet Lassi which went really well with the food. We also had the Baklava which was great because it was not too sweet and since the filling was thick you could actually taste the nuts. Overall, I liked my experience, one thing they could improve was theit staff assignment as the area where we ate was busy and only one service attendant was present while other areas had no customers.

Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

Yes they often are out of a choice, but that's because the menu has hundreds of options. Everything I've tried has been great. Location is not the nicest but it's a quiet street.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

I've only given this place 3 out of 5, but the food alone maybe deserves a 4. It's in Poplacion, which is a bit quirky neighbourhood, and not at all family-friendly!!!

You can choose to sit on cushions at a low table, or regular sitting at a normal table. Not much space, but it's cosy. The place is quite dirty and a bit out-dated, but it does have a nice oriental feel to the interior.

Our food was good! We ordered the mezza mezza plate with different spreads, the mixed kebab plate (really nice flavour, but small portion) and an Ethiopian lamb dish (spicy and good).
Standard pricing, but all in all a good experience. I would say that this place is recommendable, albeit not for families with kids.

Reviewed 4 March 2016

The food here is very nice, for appetizer my favorite will be the Mezzo Mezza which has 4 kinds of dipping for your fita bread can be shared for 3 person
Mezzo Mezza has hummus garbanzo beans Muttabal - eggplant, Jazar - carrot and Mahrousa which is made from Fava beans (this is my favorite the taste of this is creamy with and tasty) Butter Chicken Masala my favorite curry which is very yummy and it has rich flavor and aroma, the chicken is very tender and one serving is good for sharing, If you wanted to try we also ordered Tikka lamb and beef for the lamb since i am not accustomed to eating Lamb for me the taste is somewhat sour but my husband love it but the beef i love it. You must also try their Ziggurat Ice tea which very nice. The servers are also nice but i guess they should put someone or a wait staff inside since most of the time we have to wait for someone to get inside the restaurant. Especially for me who wanted to stay inside cause they also have place outside (veranda where you could also eat, dine and smoke)