“Best Coffee in Makati”

Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

One of the only places you can get a real coffee and western breakfast in Manila. Service is first class. Quality not quantity is the recipe for success!! Truffles are to die for - and I lived in Brussels for two years!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Impolite employees. Too expensive. Nothing special. Feeling 5 star, no sharing! Anakngtokwa naman oh. Better look for other place to eat. Not here.

2  Thank HariVino
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My friend and I visited Chocolate Fire last May 16, 2014, it was my first time to visit the place and was disappointed on two counts...

First was the service and second, their food.

1) When we entered the restaurant it looked promising. The door attendant was accommodating and the place was visually pleasing with all the various chocolates on display.

However, when we were seated and about to order, the wait staff, standing beside us, told us to order at the counter. As this was my first time at the place, I assumed it was their dining style so I obliged - I ordered and was asked for payment at the counter... I was curious though on how such an expensive place don't take orders at the table, so I asked... The staff said they actually do but if there are many customers, they take orders at the counter... at that time, we were practically the only 2 persons at the restaurant! I did not argue any more, I didn't want to ruin my experience, but was already disappointed at that point.

2) As for the Bolognese Pasta that I ordered, for P400 pesos, the taste was average, and I could've ordered a decent steak at that price somewhere else. I was not impressed by the pasta's flavor, its not remarkable.

The order only included toasted bread and nothing else. I thought, being a fine dining place, it could have served some free appetizers or something.

The food choice selection was also disappointing. I guess being a chocolate place, the lunch or dinner menu became second priority.

By the way, my friend ordered chocolates, and was not impressed either.

1  Thank atty_mich77
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My girlfriend and I visisted Chocolate Fire Makati on April 28, 2014 : Both of us are absolute chocolate afficionado's and we got straight into that thrilling chocolate mood when we spotted the Chocolate Fire store.
Inside, we were greeted with a heavenly looking chocolate display. After pondering the chocolate menu, we decided to buy 2 slabs of Chocolate Fire and 2 boxes of heart shaped Chocolate Fires.

Like any real chocolate lover, we were willing to pay a pretty price for good chocolate and we almost couldn't wait to indulge in the Chocolate Fire at home. We expected Chocolate Fire to blow away the standards, set by the brands we're used to, such as Leonidas, Lindt, Toblerone, Rittersport and Godiva.

Oh boy..... we were not prepared for a disillusion of epic proportions, as Chocolate Fire turned out to be. Chocolate Fire actually tastes no better than the budget brand known as Goya. Good chocolate is supposed to properly snap but melt in your mouth with an intense cacao signature. Chocolate Fire does neither of those.
Like Goya, Chocolate Fire lacks both tactile snap and smoothness as well as a quality cacao signature.

We are sorry to say, Chocolate Fire merely sets your wallet on fire, not your chocolate lover heart.

3  Thank Adrian K
CF_Management, Owner at Chocolate Fire, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Hi Adrian K, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We have never, in any country, received such a horrific review on our chocolates, especially considering they are all pure couverture Belgian Callebaut chocolates, manufactured by one of the finest chocolate producing companies in the world. We are not using any compound chocolates, they do not have oils mixed in, nor chemical additives, and most especially no stabilisers, unlike all of the other branded chocolates which you mentioned. Our chocolates are immensely pure and of the highest grade, they do hence melt more easily due to how pure they are. They only need to be placed in the ref to regain their 'snap' after having travelled through Manila heat. The smoothness is undeniable, as are all Barry Callebaut chocolates and the blends we create from it maintain that. We would like to welcome you back to Chocolate Fire for a tasting with our Master Chocolatier. Please just send us an email for when would be to your convenience at info@chocolatefire.com. We are certain you will have a completely different as our chocolates have become renowned for their quality, flavor, texture and blends. They most certainly are not a lie, as our other reviews would attest to.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Me and my 6 year old spent a lot of time here... Ice Cream was awesome and god food as well. My daughter like the chocolate shakes. I like the ham and cheese sandwiches. Atmosphere was very appealing and pleasant.

CF_Management, General Manager at Chocolate Fire, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you Kevin S for writing us such a good review. We are delighted to hear that you and your daughter enjoy spending time at Chocolate Fire!! We love to be a part of special bonding times for family!! We hope to welcome you back soon!!