“Good place for budget travelers!”

Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines
Ranked #42 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 21 December 2011

If you're looking for a chill out trip to Manila, this hotel is excellent for you. There are bars, clubs and shisha joints within the vicinity. However, bear in mind that it is located at the red light district so if you're not looking for that kinda fun, then there is only one decent club - KISS - which happens have great music as well.

There are also heaps of food places in the area and it is extremely convenient to get a cab. The hotel staff was really helpful and polite. The hotel isn't grand, but it isn't shabby either. The rooms were clean and there weren't any funny smell. The one thing that I could find fault with, was that the renovation around could make sleeping a bit of a challenge.

Overall, it is a good place for what I paid.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl T

Reviewed 11 December 2011

I wont get into the spiel of how Manila is not value for money. But fate, or the lateness of my hotel search brought myself and a friend to the Berjaya Hotel for a 3 night stay in November 2011.

First the Good. The location is fairly central and close to most shopping and dining/drinking venues. For families with kids, consider the proximity to the infamous redlight district. The staff, probably the friendliest I have encountered in Manila. The two girls doing their on-the-job training were so keen to ensure everything was being taken cared of that my inner glow was beaming at their level of care.

The not so Good. Lifts ! About 75% of the time, the lifts were not in normal working order. From doors not closing, closing in a jerky manner, lift not stopping on floors and not moving until you stepped out. Inside Pool and no fitness center, although I did know about the hotel not having a fitness center before booking. The front desk staff looked like it needed some more organization as requests were met with more keystrokes into their management system than a travel agent.

Food, I ordered from room service chicken sandwich, and was told it was a chicken, lettuce and cucumber filling. Sounded good and somewhat healthy, but what I received was pieces of bread oozing (no exaggeration) of mayonnaise with some small pieces of chicken. You could not pick the mess of a meal up without it dripping and spilling out and falling apart. Now, I don’t know who thinks anyone would want to eat something this bad. But there must be.

Now, I can overlook the bad sandwich, the lifts required patience but what probably convinced me to try another hotel in the future, was waiting for an hour and half to check in. Nope, I didn’t arrive before noon, actually it was around 3 pm. I was asked if I wanted an upgrade as my room wasn’t ready, so I checked first, but a large, sparsely furnitured two bedroom type room seemed way overboard for one person so I was shown the room I had paid for and decided I could wait for it to be cleaned. Now, a 25-30 m2 shouldn’t take an hour and a half to clean. So I can only assume I was either one of many or they didn’t prioritize right.

Overall, just needs some tweaking here and there and an overhaul on the lifts to get me back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Arcm1972
Reviewed 9 December 2011

i stayed here for 4 nights and found it to be a very pleasant stay, great service, good sized rooms, great value (margarita promo was great value at only P298 for unlimited margaritas between 5pm - 11pm with free live entertainment) and good location.

Room Tip: i stayed on the 6th floor which was fine with me and had no problems
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed there 3 nights and the Hotel has an excellent location near many restaurants and night life, the staff is extremely friendly (but in all the Philippines in Hotels I stayed the staff is very friendly), the rooms are a bit used already, otherwise it is good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I stayed att the Berjya Manila Hotel for 20 days and I enjoyed every minute of my stay.The staff are very friendly and helpful.My special thanks to the hotel managers Marie del Rosario,Aurora Rementilla and Denise who made sure that my stay at the Berjaya be a memorable one.They are always there to assist you in every way they can.The rooms are spacious and clean.The food and drinks are great.Special thanks toRegallado Agpallo,the Food and Beverage Captain who is always there to make sure that everything is great.I would definitely stay at the Berjaya Hotel when I come visit the Philippines again.I would also recommend it to my relatives and friends.Again thank you so very much to the wonderful staff at the Berjaya Manila Hotel.You made my stay in the Philippines something to remember for a long long time. Elenita Domingo Falstad Arvika Sweden 7Nov-27Nov 011

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo