US$118
Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$79
US$46
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$48
US$107
US$72
US$85
US$40
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmakati avenuelive bandhalal foodhotel securitydeluxe roomthe red light districtnight lifespecial thanksshort stayfront officemetro manilaphilippinestraffic
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed there for 2 days in the hotel. We made a reservation online and indicated that we will be having an early check in. But when we get there, the receptionist don't know about it. She wanted us to wait for 4 hours before the room will be available for us. We complained and after that they gave us another room but they charged us additional 70% of the room rate since we are going to have an early check in.The room is big but Its a little bit dirty specially the towels.. We will never go back to that hotel again...

• Stayed: April 2012
BerjayaMakatiHotel, Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear Ms. Daisy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your stay here in our hotel.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention to our related department.

The early check in or other special requests in the hotel will always depend on the availability of the room and it was clearly stated in the online booking.

Our pricing is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our central location and extensive facilities. We regret that this was not your impression and offer our apologies.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I recently stayed at Berjaya Hotel in Makati on my most recent trip to Manila. I got a great deal on a Grand Deluxe room through booking.com and was honestly expecting less than what I actually got for my money! The room was huge, more like 2 rooms, one lounge area with a desk, table, sofa, and chairs and the other with the bed/bathroom...etc. Although the building itself is an old building the amenities received for the money spent is well worth it compared to some of the newer hotels in the area. On my previous trip to Manila I stayed at St. Giles Makati Hotel, which is located directly across the street from Berjaya. I paid a considerable amount more for this hotel and the room was about half the size of the room I stayed in at Berjaya. Also, although St. Giles is a fairly new property, there was a problem with bugs in the room everyday. However, at Berjaya, my partner and I were able to enjoy our stay comfortably with no problems whatsoever!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BBnSG
BerjayaMakatiHotel, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Mr. BBnSG,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at trip advisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Berjaya Makati Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

I'm not even sure the Berjaya is actually a budget hotel, but the price is much cheaper than many surrounding, and cheaper than hotels which could be more accused of being budget.

So, the review..

The location is good, Makati is one of the better areas of Manila and even feels sort of safe. The entrance seems initially in an odd place - not on the main road fronting, but down a quieter side street, but this on further reflection is a very good idea, as it allows parking and unloading.

As you step in, this certainly again doesn't look budget, but more middle range, with a red carpet and welcoming door staff.

The corridors to the rooms are carpeted and expensively decorated. Everywhere was more or less clean.

Bottled water is complementary, as is the wifi (very good). Absolutely no way would I recommend risking drinking it, but the tap water smelled of chlorine, so at a guess, it's been treated and is safe. Well it would be fine boiling in the kettle for coffee I would imagine.

The rooms again are clean, beds comfortable. There is cable tv. If you have an upper floor, you are likely to get a view.

In all, I can definitely recommend this hotel, as a surprisingly reasonable one but with anything but a budget feel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yorkshiresheep

Dear Mr. Yorkshiresheep,

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel most of our time in the Philippines as it is convenient to all the places we want to go and it is reasonably priced. We encountered some minor problem about the room and they quickly transfer us in the different room. Breakfast is alright, not a great deal of choices but i think it is enough to get you through the morning. The location is pretty good, there are shops and restaurants nearby, also a small mall like a block away where they have a grocery store called SM marketplace. Money changer are no problem as they about everywhere along the road, make sure you look for the best rate as they not all have the same rate and make sure you count your money before you leave. Another thing we liked about this hotel is their entertainment at the lobby every night. The staffs are polite and helpful. I think if we ever come back again we would surely stay here and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Make sure you insist on non smoking room if you prefer it as they tend to forget to ask the guest if they want smoking or non smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Pengb

Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in transit, in principle, everything run well. Nice and friendly hotel staff. We arrived the hotel quite late and we found the rate from the hotel was reasonable, the room clean, free Wifi, swimming pool. The hotel located on border of two district of Makati and Pablison so is an absolutely safe place. We were walking alone at night and were absolutely sure about their. Facilities were not always up to par, which caused some camplications during the course of my stay. I sometimes found it difficult to get the service I needed

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
BerjayaMakatiHotel, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel - Philippines, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear Mr. Andreas,

I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments about our hotel that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.