“Good Latin food”
Review of Senor Pollo

Senor Pollo
Ranked #72 of 1,584 Restaurants in Makati
Reviewed 24 December 2016

I ate Jalapeno and Cheese quesadillas and a quarter chicken with spicy rice, Colombian beans, and extra chimichurri. No problem with my food. I love their spicy salsa sauce!

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

We were three colleagues that went there e erd, we had both types of chicken, really great, and don't save money avoiding the side dishes, because they are all great. The atmosphere in on an midweek evening relaxed but also quite lifted up. Great place for beer. Great place for food, great place for both

Reviewed 26 November 2016

We ate lunch at their Alabang branch. They serve Latin chicken and the style and design of the restaurant is also Latin inspired. The place is a tad small and gets packed easily. We ordered quarter roast chicken with 2 side dishes (I chose mac n cheese and cilantro garlic rice). We originally wanted patatas bravas as one of the sides but were unfortunately out of stock. Staff have to get back to us to tell us the sad news. Their bestsellers among the side dishes are cilantro garlic rice, spicy rice, patatas bravas and mac n cheese. You can also try their garlic mashed potato. Seving is good for one but you'll be full and satisfied. The chicken is a little bit dry so its best to have the chimichurri sauce with your chicken and rice. Our orders came in after 15 minutes even if there are a lot of people. They use metal plates and metal bowls. Some might not like that set up. They put the bill and/or money on glass mugs same as where they put their tissue and utensils. I hope they don't interchange it. Staff is knowledgeable about their menu and attentive. You don't have to injure yourself to try and get their attention. The place also has a comfort room. They are on soft opening so they operate on a cash basis.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I can't even vouch for the chicken here -- I always just gorge myself on several appetizers. Their quesadillas are just outstanding, and the patatas bravas are out of this world. And the prices are so reasonable, your belly is full long before your wallet gets skinny.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

It was my first time to eat at this place. We ordered the Señor Pollo Roast (Half) which was freshly cooked, juicy, and tender. I dipped it in sauce made of minced leaves (not sure what it was) soaked in oil and chili sauce. The mixture was my own idea as the two ingredients were given to us separately. It was surprisingly good. However, the chicken itself was not outstanding. It was just like any other roasted chicken. On the other hand, our order came with 2 sides in which we chose cilantro garlic rice and spicy rice. The serving was too small. I wasn't able to taste the cilantro from the cilantro garlic rice. The spicy rice on the other hand wasn't spicy enough for me. Both rice were dry too. We also ordered french fries. The french fries was nothing special and it only came with ketchup. Lastly, I tried their tossed salad and it was the best decision I made that night. I was living for it. There was a balance of sourness and sweetness in the dressing. The cilantro added a strong flavor and it made all the difference for me. Except for the tossed salad, the food wasn't really a good value for money.

The interior was pleasing to the eyes. It has colorful murals and the lighting was good. However, the management should make up their mind in their ventilation. Their 4th wall was widely open which served as the entrance and they had two aircons operating and some ceiling fans which didn't help at all. We had to choose a table where the aircon was directly giving off cold air. So we were lucky. But the rest of the areas were warm. Lastly, with all these ventilation inside, smoking was allowed which wasn't a good idea.

As a conclusion, I am rating this place as average as I still enjoyed my time there with the company of my friends.

5  Thank Melvin L