All reviews sm megamall walking distance pancake house the executive lounge walk in closet francis square bedroom deluxe dental kit cooking utensils free upgrade electric stove dining table shopping mall buffet breakfast ortigas area water heater pasig city
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I choose this hotel since the price is ok and the location is near to the office. It's an apartment type of room complete with big refrigerator, wash bin, dining table, etc. the location is near to few mall and walking distance.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
TMP-OIC, Front Office Supervisor at The Malayan Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Ming C,

Thank for choosing the Malayan Plaza Hotel as your residence of choice. We appreciate your time to share your experience with us .

The proximity to malls and major roads made us a better place to stay for location, but aside from that is our incomparable guest services.

Thank you as well for choosing our hotel for your place to stay once again this review will surely inspire us to give our best and improve our service.

We wish to serve and welcome you again on your next visit. Thank you

Kind regards,
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 August 2017

It exceeded my expectations. With the price of the accomodation per night, I expected it to be just a standard and cramped room. But the one bedroom deluxe is quite impressive with kitchen facilities (microwave, stove and ref). The room is clean and well maintained. The mattress is soft. Best part of it is its location. It's just a short walk to Podium and Megamall. There is also a Pancake House at the ground floor so dining is not a problem if you don't want to eat in its restaurant.

Room Tip: ask for a room with the view of Ortifas skyline
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
TMP-OIC, Front Office Supervisor at The Malayan Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear TeyHM88,

Thank you for your sharing with us your experience during your recent stay at The Malayan Plaza Hotel.

I am glad that you had a very pleasant stay with us and that our cleanliness and space of our guest room with a very notable feedback "The room is clean and well maintained".

I truly appreciate your kind words and I will definitely share your commendations with our team.

It was a pleasure to be of service and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I was a visiting OFW and on business travel when I checked in the Malayan Plaza with my sister. I chose this hotel because of it's proximity to my friends' office location, restaurants and malls. Plus, I have read good reviews about the place and it's reasonably priced.

My problem with this hotel is their internet connectivity. During check-in everything were explained well and the receptionist was very courteous. And, I was given 2 passwords that were good for 2 devices each. It was all very clear!

The next day, my sister who was also travelling on business at that time was arguing with the reception in the early hours of the morning about using 3 devices when in fact we were entitled to 4 devices in total as what was explained during our check-in. Apparently, she was told that it is only for 2 devices. It took a few hours to get resolved which resulted to a few hours of my sister's work hours to be wasted.

The next day I was woken up again with the same freaking problem which should not have happened again considering that it was supposedly resolved the previous day. I have paid a considerable amount of money but not getting what it's worth. I asked for the manager to drop by my room but he just called me. I do not feel that the explanation resolved anything. Time has been wasted already.

The least of my concern when checking in a hotel is internet/wifi connectivity. Malayan could have given the number of device connectivity without any questions to their guests. I mean how hard is that?! We were told that we can use 4 devices then we expect to use it for 4 devices regardless.

If you have problems with your internet then you should have a standby IT person to deal with it. I am sure that I am not the only one who complained about it. It should not be my (your guest) problem but yours. I should not be told that the IT person is coming in at 9am and I should wait which resulted to some work pending on my end.

I do not recommend this hotel for people who are travelling on business especially because internet connectivity is a MUST when you are doing so.

I booked a 1 Bedroom Twin Deluxe. It was a good size but the room lacks the cosmetics that should ideally go with it. It says that they provide complimentary coffee but for the 5 days and 4 nights that we stayed there, we were only given complimentary creamer. The breakfast was VERY POOR! Yes, it was very cheap at 399PHP but still it's money spent and wasted.

I still cannot get over my experience with Malayan Plaza. But, it is what it is. I was taught a lesson and so I am sharing this lesson.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Ms. Zhao,

I want to express our sincerest thank you for taking the time to highlight your constructive observations and I regret to hear about the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

We are disappointed that some of your experiences fell short of your expectations. For all the inadequacies you underwent, we sincerely apologize.

Please note that we are very sincere to address all your observations as your comfort and satisfaction really matter to us.

We are working on appropriate solutions for these. Please be assured that the hotel management is prioritizing these to be resolved.

We hope this does not deter you from staying with us again and give us to the chance to serve you better in the future.

It will always be a pleasure to have you and I personally look forward to welcoming you back here at The Malayan Plaza Hotel!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

The Staff--- rated 5! Courteous and very helpful with all our request! they did their best,not their fault(comments below) 4days after check-out,hubby found out he lost his Breitling watch. Last time he saw it--hotel. Called the hotel and it was lying there at lost n found! We are just impress! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

The hotel i rated 3---needs a lot of refurbishing. Your courteous and helpful staff really compensated for the not so well maintained interior & cleanliness. Start with your old beddings(sheets,pillow case,comforters). The rooms are nice, but really need a lot of change, old furnitures,missing bulbs,dusty curtains,dirty balkons, and the moldy bathroom! Alive & dead cockroaches along corridors. Reception area--walls, sofa & hanging chandeliers needs changing/cleaning. Sori to be brutally honest,just sad to let this hotel go to waste
Location--5!
Rate--5!
Have stayed in other Asian countries hotel which is lower in price but fantabulously clean & well maintained.
Overall--still rated 4.
We would like to go back in the future...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
TMP-OIC, Front Office Supervisor at The Malayan Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear mdg1003,

Greetings from The Malayan Plaza Hotel!

We extremely appreciate you taking the time to share with our team and the rest of the TripAdvisor community regarding your experience on your most recent stay with us.

We are pleased that you had an overall quality stay and with the service that our team has provided has left a very good impression to you specially our team honesty.

Your review is of utmost importance to us, as we make this a tool for us to keep the good and constantly improve for the better so that valued guests like you will always experience our best customer service satisfaction.

We hope you will continue to stay with us and keep us top of mind. Your kind words will keep us motivated in continuing to provide our very special way of providing customer service to our valued guests like you.

Paul Jefferson Reyan C Ching

Reviewed 22 August 2017

(+) I liked that we were able to accommodate a few guests for dinner during our stay in here. Since we opted for a one-bedroom suite, the place was big enough such that our luggages and stuff are not in anyone's way. We had a proper dining table and kitchen essentials (fridge, microwave and water heater) which made our stay much more convenient. The location is fantastic. It is nearby government offices where we did most of our errands, plus shopping malls where we bought our listed essentials. The area is very safe. Whenever we got hungry late at night, we just went down the building, crossed a few streets and ordered take out from one of the many restaurants around. Special thanks to Jorian who processed our speedy check-in and to Andy (?? not so sure about her name) who processed our 2-night extension.

(-) The place has gone old. I was last here in 2006. The room's wear and tear throughout the years were already quite evident. Perhaps, a renovation will soon be in place. I'm not sure whether we were mistakenly placed in a smoking room even though I indicated in my booking request to provide a non-smoking one, but every time we enter our room, we smell something that we are not sure of (either the wood of the furnishing, the wood varnish or the cigar smoke of previous guests that had stuck on the curtains). Set of buffet breakfast can still improve.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
TMP-OIC, Front Office Supervisor at The Malayan Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Ms. Rian G,

Thank you for sharing with us a detailed feedback of your recent stay at The Malayan Plaza Hotel.

I am glad that you had a positive first impression as you appreciatively consider our service as first to rate with an excellent commendation to our reception staff - friendly, welcoming and helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to highlight your constructive observations and I regret to hear about the inconvenience you experienced.
Each and every point that you have mentioned was already discussed with the concern departments to ensure that such incidents will never happen again in the future.

Please accept my sincere apologies and I hope there will be other opportunities for us to be of service to you again.

Paul Jefferson Reayan C. Ching