“Excellant”
Review of Bondi&Bourke Davao

Bondi&Bourke Davao
Ranked #2 of 593 Restaurants in Davao City
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Oustanding food, amazing staff, reasonable prices. Very common to see Patrick the owner mingle and insure a happy experance. The restaurant and hotel will be my fav hang out when visiting family in Devao

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Upon entering, you will immediately notice a discreet sense of fine dining. Every interior design screams simple elegance, no flashy colors here. When seated, a server will offer you drinks and a menu right away. Food is a bit expensive for Davao but cost is relative when eating quality food. I ordered the surf and turf and it was delicious. The shrimp was done right, plump and juicy. The steak was tender and flavorful! Overall experience, it was divine!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We started our morning at Bondi & Bourke —- what a great start

From a healthy smoothie, a must try the popeye punch.

Then to the main breakfast, an egg white omelette with fruit. Sure is nice to experience fresh food in the islands.

By the way their jam for toast is excellent.

My favorite place to eat in Davao.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Dawn W
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Best restaurant in town by far! The service is friendly. Quality and selection of dishes absolutely awesome! The parmas, burgers and steaks guaranteed to satisfy the most discerning aussie palate.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 12 May 2018

So here goes the story... we were new in town and excited to visit B&B coz we heard so much about it so yesterday i made reservation for me and my hubby since my hubby is a big fan of steaks coz he himself is very excellent cook when it comes to steaks. So i called B&B for reservation at past 12 noon we got there early and they accomodated us (kudos to the team for the service anyway).. we went upstairs where our table was set up and it looks good coz the place was clean and cozy. These are the ff We ordered:

Asparagus soup - for 295.00 the portion was a bit small but the taste was superb!

1Mediterranean dip for starters - the portion is very small for 455.00 pesos the taste is not so bad but i find it too salty

Mixed fruit shakes (220.00) and apple juice (210) for our drinks - again, the portion was about 8oz which i find the price not complimenting for the portion. The taste was ok

For our mains, we had:
Meatball and prawn linguine in red sauce pasta - again, the portion was too small for 595.00 pesos. The disappointing part was the meatball!!! It looks like they bought it from a supermarket which made my hubby say, “hon, ur meatballs is way tooooo far from this meatballs hahahhaha” so we ended up not eating the pasta. Btw, pastas from itallianis is more tasty than theirs... i cant even find the fresh herbs they’re claiming for gods sake! The sauce was too sour,..everything on it is not working. So i suggest to do more research on making “fresh” pasta.

The ugly truth.....

U.S Prime Rib Eye - (hold your breath guys) for the portion of 350grams the price is 1,990.00. My hubby ordered, “medium well” for his steak. When his steak arrived to our table, by looking at it, my hubby was disappointed coz the portion was toooooooooooo smallllll and tooooo thinnnnnn!!! He said, my palm is bigger than his steak hahaha but giving the benefit of the doubt, i said “maybe the taste is perfect” sooooooo he cut the steak and find it toooooo dry...... the moment he tasted the “so called STEAK” HE ALMOST THREW IT HAHAHAHA THEN HE UTTERED THE WORDS “DAMN! AM I REALLY EATING A STEAK OR WHAT??? hahahahaha i was like ooooookkkkkeeeeyyy... lets finish the half part, there maybe, we can taste the “STEAK” but sadly we didn’t... :(

We don’t mind spending 4,141.50 (service charge included) for our lunch coz for us food is food so we dont limit ourselves spending such for food but come on guys!!! We have been dining in 4,5 stars hotels, well known restaurants and such but B&B davao REALLY??? YOURS WAS WAYYYYYY TOOOOOO FAR FROM B&B MANILA... CAN YOU EVEN COMPLIMENT THE PORTION FOR THE PRICE AND TASTE??? If you can pleaseeee do so....i may recommend your place to my friends visiting DAVAO, BUT FOR NOW? Its a NO.

Disclaimer: I am not bashing this place. Am just sharing our experience.

Date of visit: May 2018