“Budget Hotel with Good Breakfast”
Review of D'Counter Pensione

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Davao City
D'Counter Pensione
Ranked #68 of 125 Davao City B&B and Inns
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“Budget Hotel with Good Breakfast”
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

They are very prompt in delivering their service. They are very corteous and warm. I walked in and they gladly helped me in choosing the right room. Everything is good. they clean towels and bed sheets. the airconditioning is superb and they have hot and cold showers. Their breakfast is tasty and filling it comes with Coffee, Tea or Milo. Location is great because it is in the middle of downtown and it is very accesible!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Yuna Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 May 2013

A good place to stay. The prices are very reasonable and includes breakfast. The staff are very friendly. The food available at the restaurant is very tasty although the choice is a bit limited.

The rooms have limited servicing (they were not cleaned during our stay), but that was fine with us.

This hotel was chosen for us as part of your Mount Apo trekking trip and one night was included in the trip. We decided to stay at same hotel for the rest of our stay in Davao.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank simhkpang
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Located right at the heart of the city, D'Counter Pensione will prove you wrong that you need pay much for comfort! D'Counter is right across Davao City's People's Park so if it's your first time to visit Davao and hasn't been to the park yet, this is the place to stay. Should you wish to eat outside of D'Counter's restaurant, there are several restaurants near it (read: walking distance)
The rooms are clean but not sophisticated but that is understandable considering the rate. But I'm talking about the average rate which we took. There are rooms though which will suit your budget. The room accommodation comes with a complimentary breakfast (and mind you, the food is great!) so it's another star you can give to D'Counter.
Take my word, you'd really get your money's worth!

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Shiela M
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I have considered this Dormitory in Davao City, because it's cheaper & you have a free breakfast.
And they are included in a Davao Tour Packages that I have seen in the net.I called & was given a list of the rooms by email from Ms. Cynthia Liston. Since I was with my parents & my sister who's pregnant, I have reserved for the rooms which we don't have to use the stairs. Reserve room in advance but more than 3 nights they ask for a 50% down payment. When you leave the next day, you could ask them to clean your room and yahoo! ...new towels & tissue. You could also ask for Hot or Cold Water to drink. They have a nice grotto with a fish pond just outside our room which is a great view for picture taking.

For 6 nights, the place feels like home, it's near People's Park, Toryano's (one of the best resto in Davao) and a good walk from PASALUBONG Center & about 2 blocks walk to ALDEVINCO (great buys for souvenir).
The reception staff our nice but i prefer they smile more. The Kitchen staff are nice & fast in serving the food though.

I love this place! Give them a call if you wanted to stay here: (082) 226-2045

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Catie_12
Butuan, Philippines
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Situated right smack in downtown Davao City (not in the seedy side). It is near Davao Peoples Park and a host of restos. Reservation was a bit of a hassle, when I called for a room reservation , the attendant kept asking (or bugging) me if I was sure of my reservation. Of course I was sure.
I booked for a Single Elite Superior Room for 840 pesos. For a budget hotel, the room was not bad but they could have done better. The bed has a thin foam so don't expect comfortable sleep. Bathroom hot/cold shower was not working well, so I settled using the timba (pail).
Breakfast was free and they served the usual Filipino "Silog" meal which was tasty and filling. Complimentary newspaper (Bulletin Today) is also provided for their guests.. now that's a pleasant surprise.
Despite it's flaws which is tolerable for me, I think I would still come back here the next time I'm in Davao. Budget friendly, average service, convenient and safe location. This are all fine for a budget conscious traveller like me.

Room Tip: Choose a room situated in the new wing. Better and newer rooms there.